One-armed Snowmobiling

Questions, stories, victories and antidotes to everyday challenges of traumatic injuries.
ASC
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: OBPI

Re: One-armed Snowmobiling

Post by ASC »

Where there is a will, there is a way!

Being creative/adaptive are what we do as people with BPI. Keep up the activity. Nice video!

Tony/ASC
ROBPI/Adult
"Just One More Step"
Vynter
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Date injured 3-5-93
C5-6-7-T1 Avulsion

Post by Vynter »

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

The best solution I can think of for getting a throttle on the left side is to slide the brake lever closer to the center of the bar (brake handles are long, you'll still be able to reach) and just move the current throttle on the right side over to the left and just have the kill switch face down. That will give you the best feeling throttle while still giving you access to your brake lever.

If you do a lot of trail riding you might want to invest in a sled with EPS (Electric Power Steering). I rode for decades without it, but it does take a toll on your hand eventually.

If you have any other questions let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Jamin
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

Wow, :shock: :roll: ;)
There is a lot to be said about a Evil con evil life :shock: :roll: I drove a motorcycle with birth erbs, What me worry :roll:
To answer your question about modification see a snowmobile dealer service dept. ;) Maybe a one hand steering system might help??
Some of are best idea happen to, base on the need to try ;) :shock:
Some time we need a expert help to make it happen :D
We all rock by post to, I hope this post help :roll:
Glad you wrote ;)
Tom