Being Nemo , and us

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

:shock:
A hot tub a whirlpool, is great for pain
What Jmar stated is dead on.
I dove Key Largo, and Marration , others key to :D
One diver was blind the other had Ms, really ;) :D
The best try for pain is in a hot tub a pool or a Ocean :shock:
for pain would be us on a dive trip with dive Heart, That would be a Web sight or camp 2015???
I think to much, Or like Jmar trying to help others,
Water and pain relief, its true ;) :D Many do not like water than there is a night of a disco night dance camp, 2015,
Water and danse help, I will pledge 500 dollars for dive heart to help, there web sight, The Dj is dance, and other movement for pain, My wife , I meet dancing in the 70s with erbs, Real life with erbs, 2015 camp, well , tell me what helps???
We all try to help , it is far more support , by post :shock: ;) ;) :D There is camp 2015, I guess we need to help there??? :shock:
We try and we suffer trying to adapt, We find our way in time, The ;) :D is trying to help others in despair, No many try here ;) :D I am in great company, that suffer and dealing without help. It is tough being us here, with or without help??? :shock: ;) :D
We try to help here, Lack of a derection, we try ;) ;) :D :D The fact by trying, it is us, Suck you bet, I would rather try to adapt and be in more trying tham being in despair , giving up :shock: ;) We never give up here!! :shock: By more post here responding, I dont think it more than words of support, :shock: ;) :D I dont dream this up, there is others post :shock: ;) :D

Tom
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Re: Being Nemo , and us

Post by jmar »

Well Tom I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I would ever do what I did tonight. And it is a direct result of having a bpi. I was swimming with a weight bar. I have done so many water exercises over the past 4 years that I have almost taught myself to swim. I have a swimming instructor that is teaching me how to properly swim without going backwards. Lol. And without a noodle or floating device.

Before I had a bpi I had not been in a pool for almost 40 years. Could not swim my way out of a puddle. Now I am going all the way across the pool on that weight bar without touching the bottom of the pool.
Master DIVER TOM

Jmar, Your doing great, :shock: :D
I might be getting a dive buddy :shock:
When I dive I am in less pain, When I float I am to in a pool.
It a weight less thing for pain, :shock: ;) really :shock:
You just explain a joy in adapting your way to overcome :shock: :roll:
when you try to adapt and you cant fined a way to adapt, you need to do more of things that you found your way on :roll: It moves us forwards to try and try something new to overcome.
There is a joy in trying than outcome, it sure beat the despair of not trying. :shock: ;)
Its tough being us :shock: ;)
The joy of overcoming what we can in life :roll: :shock: ;)
Jmar you gave me a smile ;) :D
I found that a side stroke swimming helps to keep your head out of the water swimming
I do Lapps in a pool with a mask and snorkel. I do not use my arms to swim this way just kick :shock: ;) To do this a life vest helps if needed :shock:

Tom
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Great work both you Joyce and Tom. I no longer have strength and stamina for swimming or hot tub . the tub weary's (is this a word??) me out and it makes me very limp for a few hrs after getting out. :(

Be Well,
Carolyn J
LOBPI/76
Master DIVER TOM

Your cook in a hot tub,
Bubble what is tight and get out, do not get longer to do so more than 10 min or less ;)
I have had this weak felling to in a hot tub and whirlpool,
When water therapy becomes challenging, than a deep message might raise a smile,
Hugs!!! ;) :shock: :D
There is always, another try to overcome :shock: :D But there is other limitation that happen to and sometimes you loose the positive to try, :shock: :D
I love driving a semi by a act of god , safely for 25 years :shock: ;) I caught my fall in to traffic off the semi , caught my fall in three fingers, Tore my good arm and hand.
:evil: :twisted:
My answer is , it is tough being us :shock: ;)
I know 2 tough Cookies here ;)
We will never give up to try something new :shock: ;) What limits us Tenacity for all here moves us forwards to try again at any age :shock: ;) If I can help at camp 2015?? I know 2 of you I would like to meet, Helping and posting help, Helping Face to face, is a possible direction to try :shock: ;)
Tom