Brachial Plexus Palsy Documentary

Tell us your Awareness efforts!
elangridge
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Left Arm Erb's Palsy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0exuHC7E_A
No surgical intervention. Obstetrical.
Date: August 9, 1992

Brachial Plexus Palsy Documentary

Post by elangridge »

Hello UBPN,

I am doing a documentary on Brachial plexus injuries, through the attitudes and perspectives individuals have towards it. Currently we are looking for individuals in the Southern Ontario, Canada area who might be able to speak about their experiences or become involved in the documentary.

I would love to hear from you if at all this might be something you would fit or be interested in. I hope to create this documentary in a professional manner to bring more awareness to Brachial Plexus injuries and the individuals it affects. Please contact me at emily.langridge@gmail.com. Questions and comments welcome too.

I recently completed another documentary on the injury that can be viewed here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0exuHC7E_A.

Thank you for your time.
AVITHEDOC
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: No injury. I am a physician.

Re: Brachial Plexus Palsy Documentary

Post by AVITHEDOC »

Hello,
I saw that you are collecting testimonies regarding OBPI, and would like to know if you can assist me.
I am an Obstetrician/Gynecologist in Connecticut. I have been interested in the problem of Shoulder Dystocia and how to prevent Brachial Plexus Injury when SD occurs.
I have developed a simple device that allows to release the trapped shoulder from behind the pubic bone without applying any traction, thus avoiding the injury to the Brachial Plexus.
As the device does not resemble an existing medical instrument it will have to be tested extensively in clinical trials to prove its safety and efficacy.
I am currently applying for grants as well as "crowd funding" to finance the development and testing of the device.
I would like to add to the application several videos or photos testimonies by patients or by parents of affected children that will demonstrate the impact of the injury.
I would appreciate your help.
Dr. Avi Yaari
yaarisa@yahoo.com