Camp is almost here!!

Discuss Camp UBPN
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Camp is almost here!!

Post by richinma2005 »

so who is coming? 212 Participants have registered!

Adults (Ages 17+) 95
BPI Adult 34
BPI Child 46
Children (ages 5 and under) 11
Children (ages 6-16) 28
Male 95 (45%
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Camp is almost here!!

Post by Carolyn J »

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone have a GREAT FUN TIME!
*Heart* AND (((((((((((((((((((((((HUGGZ)))))))))))))))))))))))) for ALL
"gramma" Carolyn J
LOBPI/76
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.

Post by richinma2005 »

Now 218 with 40 adults
richinma2005

Post by richinma2005 »

Now 218 with 40 adults
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

Post by Carolyn J »

WOOT WOOT WOOT!!! HURRAYYYYYYYY!
Carolyn J
LOBPI/76
allison d

Post by allison d »

Hi rich, you post that approx 40 adults with BPI injury are attending, I am Rtbpi and would like to know the age demographics of those 40. Is it possible to post how many under 20, then over 30, over 40 etc. I am over 50 and would feel out of place amongst a group of youngsters :D , anyone under 40, in my opinion. Lol.
Allison.b
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

Ohhh NO, Alison you would/will never /b] be alone or out of place at CAMP! I am 76 and attend my 1st Camp wasat 71 in 2005.and the oldest Injued attending.
I LEARNIED sooo much from EVERYONE, even the teens taught me alot/ MOst of all CAMP IS HEALING!
Carolyn J
LOBPI/76
Lisa is Coordinating CAMP activiitiies for adult OBPIS and watch out for alot of F-U-N!
allison d

Post by allison d »

Decided to go, see you there, all 40 of you!
Allison.
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

GREAT NEWS!! Have F-U-N Alison!!!! ,,,for me too as I cannot go to this one :cry:
Carolyn J
LOBPI/76 8-)