Stop Whining and Live Your Life

Are you living with an injury that you received during birth and would like to share your experience? Post here!
ASC
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: OBPI

Stop Whining and Live Your Life

Post by ASC »

People with OBPI:

For a few years, I have posted many opinions on UBPN. And, for the life of me can not understand why people whine so much about BPI. I can understand that it is a traumatic event. However, how many years does it take to start living your life. It's easy to whine and have people take pity. But, why not be proactive. Learn about OBPI, the ways to adapt, share the knowledge, and be honest.

Tony/ASC
ROBPI/Adult
Master DIVER TOM

Re: Stop Whining and Live Your Life

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

ASC is right, :shock:
There is to a number of new comers posting and the newly injured and other just trying to get direction to try to learn how to adapt some how :roll: whining ends when you find a direction to adapt, It takes time :shock: ;)
Depression is part of why people whine, I guess??? :shock: :roll:
Whining really ends when you find a way to adapt your way in life with or without surgery, Absolute fact tenacity and the next way to adapt happens, ;)
I have never learn so much by posts here and the others posting to try to help, others need to think about responding more :shock: ;)
My motto is , Iam less depress when I try to adapt to something to do, When I try and thing dont work out it is to our benefit to remember all the other things we have learn to adapt to :shock: ;) :D
Sooner or latter the pity party ends and Tenacity begin overtime, It is learned for sure by so many posting here :shock: :D
I know mr positive :shock:
Tom
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

everyone is in their own "place". BPI's take a BIG emotional toll nd every person travels their own pace in their "Journey" living with multiple secondary injuries as we age too. this injury cannot be "generalized" like SOME other birth injuries.

Carolyn J.
LOBPI/76
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

No two people react the same to trauma. One person can get up and go on their merry way while their identical twin may take several years to adjust. Everyone is different.
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

Your both right to me :shock:
Trying to move someone forwards to try and never give up is learn at anyones rate to adapt , from a birth injury to latter in life injury to:roll:
When you find your self mess up in both arms you end up , with double the task to adapt :shock: :roll:
It amazing how we move other forward by example of our post.
We find ways to adapt by how creative we are with the :idea: we come up with overtime by so many post here ,
Its always the first step the :idea: idea to try or invent something in ;) :D
I think that our injuries are not the same but trying to overcome in life by our ways to adapt overtime is, by so many posts no matter when they happen :shock:
Just thinking,
Tom
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Post by richinma2005 »

This topic was edited by me, deleting posts that were not helpful per our posting guidelines:

Personal attacks in this area will not be tolerated. If a discussion should get to far off topic, posters may be asked by the Moderator to remove their comment(s) or the thread may be moved to another more appropriate forum. In some instances, posts may be deleted or split into a new thread if they are not directly related to the original post or contain personal attacks. When posts are removed for this reason, the moderator will remove the content and leave notice as to the date removed, why it was removed, and their name.

Thank you

rich looby
president ubpn