My sweet Kennedy :)

Friends, parents and relatives: do you know someone living with a brachial plexus injury and would like to share your experience? Post here!
bpimommy09
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: right brachial plexus injury, nerve transfer at 4 months of age, tendon transfer at 7 yrs. old

My sweet Kennedy :)

Post by bpimommy09 »

Good afternoon. My name is Con Sonya Hill and my daughters name is Kennedy and she is my little hero. Kennedy is 9 yrs old and has a right BPI injruy from birth. Kennedy, has touched every person that has graced her presence by her courage and determination. Kennedy, has had two surgeries by Dr. Scott Kozin in Philadelphia (Shriners). Kennedy's first surgery was a nerve transfer at 4 months of age and she had a tendon transfer from her leg to her arm at 7 yrs of age. Kennedy dances, swims, recently started playing piano and was crowned Little Miss Majestic Palmetto Nation in September of 2013. Kennedy has done youtube videos to teach other children how to tie their shoes using their mouth. Her videos have already helped other children :) She has also maintained staying on the honor roll since she first stepped in school. Kennedy will also be accompaining Miss Spartanburg (Lustra Miller) to the Miss South Carolina Pageant in June as a Little Miss Palmetto Princess. We hope by sharing Kennedy's story that other girls and boys will know that they can do anything they want to with determination. One of our motto's is REACH FOR THE STARS EVEN IF IT'S WITH ONE HAND. We hope her story will touch someone else as she has touched so many. Thank you for taking the time to hear her story.
surgery pic.JPG
surgery pic.JPG (119.46 KiB) Viewed 6205 times
little miss majestic palmetto nation.JPG
little miss majestic palmetto nation.JPG (203.13 KiB) Viewed 6196 times
Jennifer P
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI

Re: My sweet Kennedy :)

Post by Jennifer P »

Thanks for sharing your story! Are the Youtube videos still available? It would be great if you could share those videos with us. You can even embed them right into a forum post if you'd like.

If needed, here is info on how to post a youtube video.