Dates for the Camp? Teenagers?

Discuss Camp UBPN
charwinter

Dates for the Camp? Teenagers?

Post by charwinter »

Couple of questions about camp.

We would love to come this year. My daughter is 14. Are there usually many her age there?

Do you know the date yet?

We would be flying from Newfoundland, Canada. Is there any financial support available? Flights alone for our family of 4 would be ~ $3000+
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Re: Dates for the Camp? Teenagers?

Post by richinma2005 »

Take a look at our webpage, you should get most of the information there, and you can contact Anise at the address posted

http://ubpn.org/camp-ubpn
charwinter

Post by charwinter »

Thank you!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

There are a goodly number of teens and I love their sense of fun and also their questions!
"gramma" Carolyn J
LOBPI/75++++ 8-)
marymom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Teen aged home birthed son with OBPI

Post by marymom »

Hi Charwinter, Last camp my son was 13 -the other teens were super helpful and supportive getting him to come out of his shell (and boy did he come out of it) There were several 13-15ish kids present that Im pretty sure plan to return this camp- I know we are. I have not done much PT or therapy for my son since he was 3 or 4 y o and I found the camp to be very helpful to his acceptance and general understanding of his injury. Best of luck! Hope to see you there!
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Post by richinma2005 »

marymom is right. lots of teens! my daughter 16-oh my she'll be 17! will be there as well.