Pain Rehab at Mayo

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
marlene1959
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Motorcycle Accident-passenger (May 07) RTBPI (avulsion), closed head injury, diminished sight in right eye, Broken neck,wrist,ankle,clavicle, burst T6 (surgical intervention),ribs, fractured facial bones. In coma for 5 weeks, rehab 5 weeks. Back to work 3 1/2 months post accident. Referred to Mayo from Louisville Hand Center. Brachial Plexus Reconstruction at Mayo February 2008. January 2010-showing small signs of nerve activity. Was last seen at Mayo July 2010 and was told I did not HAVE to return unless something changed....am still dealing with the disappointment of being told this. I'm afraid my surgery was performed too late (9 months post accident) to be successful.

Pain Rehab at Mayo

Post by marlene1959 »

Hey all.......has anyone here been through the pain rehab program (either the 2 day or 3 week) at Mayo?? From what I have read, it looks to be quite helpful. Looking for those that have gone through it or a similar program and would love to hear your opinions!!! Thanks.......