Would anyone be interested....

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
llnmckinley
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My daughter who is currently 16 months was injured at birth, right OBPI, 2/21/2012. She had surgery at 6 months, PT once and week (She graduated PT!) and is in OT twice a week at A.I DuPont Hospital for Children. It is so nice to see others with OBPI thriving!

Would anyone be interested....

Post by llnmckinley »

The short version of my post:

Would anyone be interested in an online Thirty One Gifts Party where I would then donate my entire commission to the camp program?

The LONG version:

Hey everyone! My name is Ellen I have a 16 month daughter with a Right BPI from birth. We had a very hard year financially with me leaving my job to usher her from appointment to appointment and then paying our co-pays and the co=pay for her surgery. In short we were so broke we were drowning. Our families did a wonderful job doing fundraisers for us and here we are- we did not lose our house (even though I thought we would!), we did not lose our minds (HA!), and our relationship as a family is stronger than ever. I was so very touched by everyone who helped us during our time of need and I just kept saying that I wanted to give back when I could. Well I have recently joined Thirty One Gifts and I feel I can start paying it forward!

Thirty One Gifts is a faith based company started by a mother and focused on empowering woman. The products are super cute (and some manly!) bags- tote bags, purses, utility bags, bins, thermals, organizers, etc... available in many great colors and styles. I joined this company not only because I need the money as a stay at home mother but because I believe in the products and the cause! I have read SO many inspiring stories from consultants! OF COURSE I had to see what all of the fuss was about! So far so good! I know it is strange to say but with such a hard year behind me I was left feeling very run down and not very womanly or beautiful but I am already starting to feel empowered by this endeavor. I am SO proud of myself for doing this!

Now to get back to the fundraiser... I would like to have an online "party" where many of us log on together and I post product pictures, suggestions for use, and answer questions. Then each person who wants to can go on my site and click the party page and order what they want! At the end of the party my commission will be sent to UBPN. I would like to be able to earn as much commission as possible in order to have a sizable donation. I am asking anyone who is interested to comment and let me know! as soon as we have 30 people who want to buy we can pick a date. If we are quick and do the party before June is over we can get the June Special! For every $35 spent you get a Large Utility Tote for only $10!

Who doesn't Love to shop for CUTE, RELIABLE, AFFORDABLE, and USEFUL items AND have their money go toward a wonderful organization such as the UBPN camp! So PLEASE comment if you are interested and we can figure out when to start the party!!

Thank You very much!

Ellen McKinley
Thirty One Gifts Independent Consultant
www.MyThirtyOne.com/EllenMckinley

If you are looking for a FUN way to earn some extra cash, and free products LET ME KNOW! You can join my team from anywhere in the United States!

You can also host an ONLINE party with your friends where you receive the host benefits- FREE products, 1/2 price items, and Hostest EXCLUSIVE items! I will gladly donate my commission from any party booked through UBPN.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Would anyone be interested....

Post by Carolyn J »

Great idea for a Fundraiser ! Every opportunity to increase funds for CAMP 2014 Scholarships "is a GOOD THING!"
I hope you are on Facebook and will post this there too on UBPN'S page. Many new families are there especially on the Group BRACHIAL PLEXUS BIRTH INJURIES FOR PARENTS.

Carolyn J
LOBPI/75 8-)
llnmckinley
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My daughter who is currently 16 months was injured at birth, right OBPI, 2/21/2012. She had surgery at 6 months, PT once and week (She graduated PT!) and is in OT twice a week at A.I DuPont Hospital for Children. It is so nice to see others with OBPI thriving!

Post by llnmckinley »

Thank you, Carolyn J! I will post on the facebook page right now! :D
llnmckinley

Post by llnmckinley »

The fundraiser is going on this week!

https://www.mythirtyone.com/shop/eventh ... m=MYEVENTS