Northwest Florida BPI Support Group??

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
tylergsmom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Hi! I am Laura, the mom of Tyler, who has a ROBPI. I've been a member of this site since 1998 and owe a great deal to the wonderful people in the UBPN community who have helped us along the way get what we needed to get done for Tyler. Tyler is now 14 years old and in the 9th grade. He's a super bright kid and loves his video games. Tyler had the mod quad surgery with Dr. Shenaq shortly before he passed. That was his first and only surgery. Now that he is older he is requesting additional surgery. He'd like to be able to supinate. Our goal is for Summer 2013.

Northwest Florida BPI Support Group??

Post by tylergsmom »

Just checking to see if there is any such thing in place in the area for the Florida Panhandle. Thanks for any info.

~Laura
Laura LeNoir, Mom of Tyler, Age 14, ROBPI
angelsmom

Re: Northwest Florida BPI Support Group??

Post by angelsmom »

I have yet to see one here in the panhandle, if you find one PLEASE let us know. :0)
GAmom

Post by GAmom »

As far as I know there isn't one. I wish there was. I am from Southwest Georgia which is very close to the Florida Panhandle. If any one finds out any different please let me know. Would love to get together with others.

Ashley, mom to Brayden ROBPI 5yrs
DianaLB1999

Post by DianaLB1999 »

None that I am aware of. I live in the Tampa Bay area if you would like to talk!
katisum
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Traumatic Bracial Plexus with left arm paralysis. Car accident November 19, 2011. My doctors are waiting to see if my condition will improve.

Post by katisum »

Hello: My name is Katrina. I have been searching for more than a year, but have not found a local support group. Actually, I have thought of starting a support group here in the Jacksonville area. If you are interested in a support group please email me -- if there is enough to interest to warrent I will take the lead in starting one. Have a wonderful day
angelsmom1

Post by angelsmom1 »

No I have yet to find on here in north west florida (been 7 yrs) so maybe we need to start one?? just not sure how...
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

I encourage you all to form a group centrally located. FYI,If you are on Facebook there is a group "BRACHIAL PLEXUS INJURIES" where alot of Moms are going & posting.

Carolyn J
LOBPI/74