Motorcycle

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
nysbadmk8
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, Resulting From a moderate Erb's Palsy, No surgical intervention, 3/20/1984

Re: Motorcycle

Post by nysbadmk8 »

Thanks for the Welcome! My name is Peter, Im finding my way around here. I hope I can help give some encouragement to others to do whatever they want.
Jennifer P
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI

Post by Jennifer P »

Yes definitely! And we also host a chat night on Wednesdays. Time depends on your zone:

6pm PST
7pm MST
8pm CST
9pm EST

http://ubpn.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=34052
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

Me on my hog (1981 Honda C70 Passport). You can see my left elbow sticking out a bit.

Check out my sweet high waters!

Last edited by Jennifer P on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

I sure enjoyed these pictures,Jennifer. :)
Carolyn J 8-)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
gooftwo
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: c4,5,6,7 and t1 all avulsed,no left arm movement and fingers twich but no control.Had left arm removed at the shoulder.

Post by gooftwo »

yea I use to ride the intermedate group also at Seattle raceway and Portland .There is nothing better than draggin a knee .When I would leave the track I was on top of the world I love to go fast.But I guess that's what got me here,execpt it was not my fault.When they tried to fix me ,my wife told me while in the recovery room I kept telling them I want to go fast.I've been thinking about getting a Yamaha fjr 1300 ,it has no clutch .I would love to go around the outside of my friends with no arm but my wifE does not like it when I bring it up. GOOFTWO
nysbadmk8
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, Resulting From a moderate Erb's Palsy, No surgical intervention, 3/20/1984

Post by nysbadmk8 »

gooftwo wrote:yea I use to ride the intermedate group also at Seattle raceway and Portland .There is nothing better than draggin a knee .When I would leave the track I was on top of the world I love to go fast.But I guess that's what got me here,execpt it was not my fault.When they tried to fix me ,my wife told me while in the recovery room I kept telling them I want to go fast.I've been thinking about getting a Yamaha fjr 1300 ,it has no clutch .I would love to go around the outside of my friends with no arm but my wifE does not like it when I bring it up. GOOFTWO

Even with the clutch it isn't bad... But your right, you get off the track, and you feel golden.
stcrx

Post by stcrx »

This is my scooter. I named her Mia :)
Attachments
Mia
Mia
Mia_081610_0006 sm.jpg (98.19 KiB) Viewed 5821 times
~'Cuz life's like a jump rope~
Please view http://www.rarereflections.weebly.com to see my photography. Photography and writing are kind of my life.
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

stcrx wrote:This is my scooter. I named her Mia :)
You name your vehicles too!? My scooter's name is Saloni. It's an Indian name meaning "cute."

(I say scooter all the time, but it's actually a motorcycle...hangin' tough...)
Rico_Laniohan
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I suffered a Brachial plexus injury do to a motorcycle crash, my complete left arm is paralyzed. It happened in June of 2010. I was 25 years old. unfortunately, I've never had surgery. If theres help out there im willing to try anything to help it heal. I need resources.

Post by Rico_Laniohan »

Hello everyone, im Rico and I suffered a brachial plexus injury do to a motorcycle crash in 2010. I never thought about riding again with one arm but after reading some of these post im havin second thoughts lol. Im brand new to this ubpn, I've been searchin for others like me and here you are :) I finally found the sling that will get me going again on this site, thanks. :D Ima check out some other topics... Ciao'
Jennifer P

Post by Jennifer P »

Welcome to UBPN Rico! Where are you from?