Injured C7/ EMG testing

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
rachelcasa

Injured C7/ EMG testing

Post by rachelcasa »

My mom was in a 4 wheeler accident 2 weeks ago on Sunday. She fractured her T 12 and T 11. We just found out two days ago she has a slightly compressed C7 which may be a stretched nerve. Does anyone know how long after a wreck you can have a EMG test done. The doctors here say 3 weeks. She's in major pain and we can't wait any longer. Anyone have any help. Thanks!!
RLT
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Left shoulder injury Sept 4 2011.
Nerve grafts from the forearm to the bicep, pec to the tricep and deltoid.

Re: Injured C7/ EMG testing

Post by RLT »

With something like that you need to make sure as much swelling is down as possible. Swelling can put pressure on things making it seem like nerves arn't working throwing a emg test off. 3 weeks actually seem really fast to me.
Master DIVER TOM

Re: Injured C7/ EMG testing

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

This is what I Think :shock: :roll:
You need to pressure your doctor for a referral to a UBPN doctor who deals with our injuries,Fact so many post say this 2 :shock: BUG THAT DOCtor for this. ;) I tore my Deltoid in my good arm the next day I had EMG, Dont understand :roll:
SO , Get the referral and get her a better pain med. You need a doctor second option :roll: Fore-sure :shock:
Hope this help????? :roll:
Tom