One Handed Typing Software for PCs

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Christopher
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Date of Injury: 12/15/02

Level of Injury:
-dominant side C5, C6, & C7 avulsed. C8 & T1 stretched & crushed

BPI Related Surgeries:
-2 Intercostal nerves grafted to Biceps muscle,
-Free-Gracilis muscle transfer to Biceps Region innervated with 2 Intercostal nerves grafts.
-2 Sural nerves harvested from both Calves for nerve grafting.
-Partial Ulnar nerve grafted to Long Triceps.
-Uninjured C7 Hemi-Contralateral cross-over to Deltoid muscle.
-Wrist flexor tendon transfer to middle, ring, & pinky finger extensors.

Surgical medical facility:
Brachial Plexus Clinic at The Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
(all surgeries successful)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
~Theodore Roosevelt

Re: One Handed Typing Software for PCs

Post by Christopher »

pkamb wrote:Email sent, thanks! Hope it's helpful.

To everyone who's waiting for the Mac version: I'm close to being done with development! I'm shooting for a release by the end of September. Thanks for being patient :)
YAY!!!!!!

Thanks for the hard work!
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

YAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

THANK YOU!! :) :shock:
Carolyn J
LOBPI/73
pkamb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: One-hand keyboard software developer.

Post by pkamb »

Can I have a quick poll of the people waiting to use this app?

I'm considering a name change when I submit to the Mac App Store:

"Type While Injured"

I think that the above name would make it easier for, for example, someone with a broken arm to figure out that she should be using the app. That it applies to her, not just amputees or people *with one hand*.

How does "Type While Injured" sound to a person with UBPN? Is "injury" a term that applies to UBPN? What I *don't* want is for someone with an amputation, UBPN, hemiplegia, paralysis after a stroke, or some other "beyond just a broken arm" type condition to be offended by the use of the term "injury" in the title.

Any insight onto this delicate subject would be much appreciate :)

P.S. Finished development last night, cleaning up a few things and then submitting to the app store soon!
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

it would not offend me at all, but the typing with one hand covers everyone. typing with one hand would apply with someone with a broken arm, a stroke, an amputee, it would not leave anyone out. typing while injured would appear to leave out amputees or someone for other reasons who could not use both hands. (holding a baby, arthritis, etc.) just my opinion.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

Post by Carolyn J »

I 2nd "Jmar",Joyce. 8-)
Carolyn J
LOBPI/73+
pkamb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: One-hand keyboard software developer.

Post by pkamb »

Great, thanks Carolyn and jmar. I've gotten the same response from a few other people I've asked today so it looks like I'm sticking with OHK.
marlene1959
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Motorcycle Accident-passenger (May 07) RTBPI (avulsion), closed head injury, diminished sight in right eye, Broken neck,wrist,ankle,clavicle, burst T6 (surgical intervention),ribs, fractured facial bones. In coma for 5 weeks, rehab 5 weeks. Back to work 3 1/2 months post accident. Referred to Mayo from Louisville Hand Center. Brachial Plexus Reconstruction at Mayo February 2008. January 2010-showing small signs of nerve activity. Was last seen at Mayo July 2010 and was told I did not HAVE to return unless something changed....am still dealing with the disappointment of being told this. I'm afraid my surgery was performed too late (9 months post accident) to be successful.

Post by marlene1959 »

Totally agree with the above. One Handed Typying covers all, short-term and long-term, users. Can't wait to download the app!!!!
pkamb

Post by pkamb »

Ok, submitted to the app store! Now we wait to see how long it takes to be accepted.
pkamb

Post by pkamb »

Now up on the Mac App Store!

I thought we should start a new topic for the occasion, check it out and grab a link to the app store here:
http://ubpn.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=35161
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :mrgreen: :D 8-)
You are AWESOME,Friend!
HUGGZ,
Carolyn J
LOBPI/73+