Reflexes?

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
AngelaW
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: X

Reflexes?

Post by AngelaW »

Just wondering if anyone has noticed if the reflexes in their good hands have improved. There's been couple of times that I've caught something I've dropped or stopped something from tipping over and I'm like, "Wow, I can't believe I got that." It makes sense that my good hand would become more agile and coordinated over time, but I am a little surprised to have developed "superspeed" as well, lol.
Master DIVER TOM

Re: Reflexes?

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

It takes a lot of practice and patients in learning to think one handed in a lifetime> Find joy ware you can adapting to ;) :D in life with the limitation you can learn to overcome your way.
:shock: :D
Tom
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

i could not tell you because i really don't have a good hand/arm, just one that is more functional than the other one. my "good" hand/arm is barely above what the therapist says is considered functional. :(
Jennifer P
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI

Post by Jennifer P »

I think I have better reflexes in my non-injured arm from things like getting a huge jar of all-purpose flour from a high shelf with one hand to things like catching stuff that falls (that you mentioned). It might also be that you are putting all of your focus into doing something with one arm rather than trying to coordinate two that makes it easier :)
Master DIVER TOM

In your improvement think how you might still use your bad side a adapted device. For me it was a strong grasp in my erbs hand . I can only reach very little but in my case I would grab my erbs and put it ware need. I learn this one from a one arm vet when I was little. So even if it pains you by trying to reach some way and adapt to what ever you can its better to think as your limited range can handle as a tool you might surprise you-self in time ;) :D

I sure am glad others write better than me :shock: , There sure is a Big difference being born BPI and your injuries now. I am trying to show ways you can adapt by tricks in adapting I have learn over time, Will they help you I dont know but others might help with there tricks to. You are on a great path !!!! There is a Light. :shock:
MR, POSITIVE :D :roll:
Tom
Jennifer P
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI

Post by Jennifer P »

Tom, what are you trying to convey to all of us by saying this:
Master DIVER TOM wrote:There sure is a big difference being born BPI and your injuries now.
Master DIVER TOM

To me, I believe it is harder to have a limitation later in life and try to adapt. Because I never new what the use of two arm felt like in my life time . So I had a lot more time to find ways to adapt in a life time and trying to explain ways I found that work to adapt is what I am trying to say will my way help others, well I am just trying to share . Did I say this better? :roll: I dont mean any negative about it :shock: OK ?? Both way are H-LL to live with.
Tom
BaldPlumber

Post by BaldPlumber »

AngelaW wrote:Just wondering if anyone has noticed if the reflexes in their good hands have improved. There's been couple of times that I've caught something I've dropped or stopped something from tipping over and I'm like, "Wow, I can't believe I got that." It makes sense that my good hand would become more agile and coordinated over time, but I am a little surprised to have developed "superspeed" as well, lol.
I have not noticed any particular improvement in reflexes but I have noticed better flexibility / articulation of my fingers and thumb, specifically between thumb and pinky finger.

Maybe it's because the nerves are all brand new?