Kinect for xbox 360 is like a Wii but NO controllers needed!

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Kinect for xbox 360 is like a Wii but NO controllers needed!

Post by F-Litz »

I'm glad to see they were able to get rid of the controllers -- unecessary holding and carpal tunnel
and with Kinect - you need nothing! yes!!

that also means that you save on all the darn batteries!! yeehaawwww - freedom!!
s8n

Re: Kinect for xbox 360 is like a Wii but NO controllers needed!

Post by s8n »

looks pretty cool from what i saw in their video. it's nice to see games that even disabled people can play. i'm all about getting some game on. can't wait to save up some cash and try it.
s8n - daniel
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

GREAT! It's about time.
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
angelsmom1

Post by angelsmom1 »

OM, whats this? we have an xbox 360.... this sounds awsome!
do you know were to find one as this is the first i have heard of it.
Thanks bunches
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

i want one! lol. i still love my wii though!
~Mel/23/LOBPI
1armSoldier
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: injured on 14 may 2001
Flail left arm
nerve transplant from leg september 01

Post by 1armSoldier »

I always loved gaming i clocked pacman when i was 8, I still play PS3 i just use my left leg on the buttons i cant use with my bad arm. I love to play Modern warfare i am not the best at it but when i do top the charts in online play, i always let the other players know they just got owned by a 1 armed man. Good luck.

Ps. i hope the xbox is as good as it looks. Finnaly the scence from back to the future may come true. When a kid says to M J fox that he cant belive there is games where people still use thier hands.
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

of course you know when it's going to be out in the stores ---- just in time for CHRISTMAS!!!!
aaron09
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: crused injury to th bp. had surgery involving nerve grafts. nerves taken from my right side. surgery done in st. louis mo., at washington university.

Post by aaron09 »

have not heard of this. all my friends play xbox and i sit back and watch. would be nice to play. any information about how i can look into this would be great thank you!