Any One From Alabama on here

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
carron

Any One From Alabama on here

Post by carron »

Just checking to see want to try to get together with other parent and kids this summer......
Carron
mom2brooke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WITH ROBPI

Re: Any One From Alabama on here

Post by mom2brooke »

HI, I LIVE IN NORTH ALABAMA (FLORENCE AREA).
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Hello Carron,
Please check out the UBPN CAMP 2010 Forum message board. CAMP 2010 is in October not far from St Louis. There is Scholarship Funds you can apply for includes Air fare....I hope you can take advantage because UBPN CAMPS held every 2 yrs. IS LIFE-CHANGING for parents and your BPI child, believe me.

Carolyn J
LOBPI/72 :mrgreen:
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

Hi Carron, you remember me? We are in Alabama.
carron

Post by carron »

Hello yes I rember you and their swimming time at therapy. Thomas is doing good still can't straighten his arm but I dont think he ever will with out surgery. But at least he can use it. I worry as they get older how other kids are going to treat him. but can't worry abouth the future.. Just enjoy day by day ... How is your son doing
angelsmom1

Post by angelsmom1 »

Hi, were in AL? we live in the noth side of the florida panhandle.
How old is your child? As our Angelina is now 7 and stating the 2nd grade.
carron

Post by carron »

Thomas is 9 starting 4th grade. wow they grow up fast. I live in Randolph county next to GA line near Bowden right in the center of the state line......... The older he gets the more questions he ask , some I can't answer.....
angelsmom1

Post by angelsmom1 »

Nope, no idea were that is, haven't live in florida but a few years and only ever go to Dothen (shopping) and Midland (dentsit)
Our daughter has only once see another child with BP an it was this last time we went to dr. Kozin's in May.
janabondurant

Post by janabondurant »

We live in Alabama also. We live on the Florida line, just north of Pensacola. My daughter will be 15 next month and has left arm bpi.

Jana
rtillm
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: son (Peyton) has traumatic ob rt arm brachiel plexus injury. He is 11 years old, has had 3 surgeries w/ Dr. Nath

Post by rtillm »

We live in LA (Lower Alabama). Theodore to be exact which is south of Mobile. My son will be 12 next month with rt brachial plexus

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:35 pm.