Any experience with St. Mary's hospital in Rochester

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
AngieD

Any experience with St. Mary's hospital in Rochester

Post by AngieD »

Kayla will be having surgery next week at St. Mary's with the Mayo doctors. Just wondering if anyone has any experience there or suggestions.

Thank you,
Angie
ptrefam

Re: Any experience with St. Mary's hospital in Rochester

Post by ptrefam »

Our experience was very positive. They adimit you on the first floor. Then someone took us to the area where Dustin would get into a gown and have pre-surgery things done (blood pressure, check heart, ect) . When it was time for him to go to anestesia they wheeled him down and took me to a large waiting area. You are given a number and there are monitors here where you can watch the progress of the patient. It will go from waiting, to anestesia, to surgery, to recovery. Eventually someone came and told me how things were going and took me to his room. It's been 4 yrs so I'm trying to remember. But they would come and keep me informed and when he was ready they brought him up to his room. I am also thinking that they took me to talk with the drs while he was in recovery before he got back to his room. I was surprised at how organized they were and well informed I was. It's a huge place and everyone was very nice. Hope all goes well. If you get a chance to get out, there's a Canadian Honkers across from the front of the hospital that is very good.
Sue