email updates in watched lists. . .

Send suggestions to the UBPN or find answers to your questions about the boards.
rbwalton

email updates in watched lists. . .

Post by rbwalton »

Maybe I am missing something simple. What is "Email-updates" in the contro panel for watched forums for? I would think if you have that set, and you have supplied your email address, that you would get an email when the forum topic in question has an addition of some kind. If tat is supposed to happen, it is not happening for me. If that is not the function of that setting, what is it really for?

thanks.
Good Luck!!!
Richard
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Re: email updates in watched lists. . .

Post by richinma2005 »

Hi,

Yes that is what the function is for. It is currently set to message only the originator of the thread.

Message Authors Receive Watch Emails
O Yes, messages authors will get emails when replying to a watched topic as well as when others reply.
X No, message authors are only notified when others respond to a watched topic.

But, we are in the middle of changing our website and messageboard software. We have been working on it with volunteers for well over 9 months. It will provide many updated features that we sorely need. We are still hoping to be complete in October....so keep your eyes open!

rich
rbwalton

Post by rbwalton »

I have it set to "yes" to email updates and on threads for which I am the originator, I still get nothing. It has never worked for me since the day I registered.

Message was edited by: rbwalton
Good Luck!!!
Richard
ipeverywhere

Post by ipeverywhere »

Sorry for the confusion.

If it's not working that is because we purposely didn't configure the messageboard software to use the local mail server and therefore it is generating an e-mail which cannot be delivered.

There were a handful of reasons for this which I'll spare you at the moment. Just know the BOD are working diligently on moving forward with an upgraded system.