Forum Suggestions

Send suggestions to the UBPN or find answers to your questions about the boards.
RobertRacer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 9/23/07 - LTBPI / Motorcycle collision

Forum Suggestions

Post by RobertRacer »

I just noticed somethings I'd like to see that I don't now. I also kart race, hence the screename and visit a karting forum and have visited several other forums that apparently have the same format. Some things I'd like to see are:

1) Total views and replies to my posts. Often,if no one replies, I'm left wondering, why even post? Views might help.
2) A private inbox where other users can leave each other messages.
3) Current users online listed.
4) A simpler system where you setup the profile and user account, forums all in one.

Here's an example of the forum I like:
http://www.ekartingnews.com/forum.php
Robert - LTBPI/34/AL - Yamaha meets Ford Expedition....not good.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Forum Suggestions

Post by Carolyn J »

Robert,
You are welcome to email any person who posts. If you click their name in blue to the left of their post, their email comes up if they put it on their "ID Profile", that is..then if not, you can post a "Call Out" to that person you want to know more from.I hope I typed this clear enuff, I'm only on my 1st cup of coffee...;)

Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Post by richinma2005 »

Hi Robert,

We are currently updating the software that we use. We are working with a community member who works for the company who is donating the new software, as well as all the time that is needed to transfer data etc. We are also setting up a new server to handle it all. So it is a long process for all of the volunteers involved, but it will be state of the art -and offer both the users and moderators some really great tools

below is an example of sites using the Jive Clearspace

http://www.jivesoftware.com/clearstep/
https://mycancerhub.com
http://nikefootball.nike.com/
RobertRacer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 9/23/07 - LTBPI / Motorcycle collision

Post by RobertRacer »

I realize that takes some work, no worries. It could be that its just not quite what I'm used to, or it could be that I spend too much time at home in front of the computer nowadays. Those sites look pretty cool. I like the forum topics as is and there is an ease of navigation to the site now. It is a bit frustrating to not get many replies in the TBPI forum as thats what I have, but nothing you can do about that. I just want to help others who feel like I do. I guess we all know how that feels.

Carolyn, yes I saw that too.
Robert - LTBPI/34/AL - Yamaha meets Ford Expedition....not good.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Can somebody please put this Social Security IMPORTANT Resource link page in a permanent place in a Topic Financial Resources? Also would love the States' contacts for Department/Bureau of Vocational Rehabilitation listed somewhere as a resource for Education and vocational funds. D/BVR does not consider family household income, just the disability to be eligible.However, each state differs on how they disperse these federal funds.
Thank you.
Carolyn J
LOBPI/70.... & proud of it!
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI