obpi couples/in love

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Charlie O
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: ROBPI resulting from a birth injury. Limited motion at the shoulder, elbow, and wrist. No pain or surgeries.

Re: obpi couples/in love

Post by Charlie O »

Sorry to hear that. Times like this, I've found it's just important to do something good for yourself each day: a good meal, favorite movie, walk in the woods, whatever works for you. Here's to better times ahead.
If daydreaming were criminalized, I’d be a lifer.
kristoffer

Post by kristoffer »

i hope so. i already accepted it and im ok now. honestly i have been very busy lately so i guess it really helped me. tnx
swhite1
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Bad fall in June of 2006
LTBPI

Post by swhite1 »

I think this is not the forum to disclose such information. I am trying to cope with a different type of problem, my TBPI thank you.
Good luck with your 'love life' and I'll try harder to steer clear of this particular board.

Message was edited by: swhite1
My apologies if anyone else besides me was offended.
I apologize because I shoudn't have been in this board to begin with. Those of you who know me know I get lost easily within all the boards and never know how I get there in the first place. And y'all are correct, there are 'private' boards where the post in question should have been.
Peace and good health,
Scott
Ps http://www.freerice.com

Message was edited by: swhite1
Michelle_16

Post by Michelle_16 »

i think kristoffer has a right to post here about issues related to his injury. This was not an 'off the topic' post but relevant to a worry that his injury will effect future relationships etc.

i think having a tbpi is slightly different form an obpi, in that finding meaningful relationships with our injury is often a worry for young people with obpis. I think each member should be respected in voicing their worries fears, and often these boards a difficult to navigate for new members etc (iv used the boards for 6 years and only recently discovered the obpi general boards).

Michelle
Scotland, ROBPI
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Michelle and Kristoffer,& Scott W too
FYI, we also have a PRIVATE Adults with OBPI Message Board, that only YOu can access after Logging on. 1st you must email Kath@ubpn.org and request access... She is in charge of checking to make sure you are a registerd Adult OBPI. Please email Kath as we adults really vent & share our private stuff there and it is sooo healing on our PRIVATE BOard!

Scott, there is also a PRIVATE TBPI BOARD for TBPI's. No one else can access after Kath approves you...

I'm glad you came here MIchelle! You'll learn lots especially when helping children with any disability!! Our emotions are raw there only.

HUgs,
Carolyn J
LOBPI/70 & very bossy!! ;)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

I agree that Kristofer can post this here, or in the Private OBPI board. It is relevant and if someone doesn't like it DON'T READ IT!

Scott, you are allowed to have your opinion but please respect others.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu May 29, 2014 8:13 pm.
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com