Need all your help

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
CSMITH

Need all your help

Post by CSMITH »

Hello Everyone,
I have posted a few times before,nothing too impressive.I am 38 and ROBPI,and finally going to a Doctor in St. Louis I have never been X-rayed or had MRI or any tests for my injury.I am a little nervous,I don`t know what to expect,I don`t know what kinds of questions to ask.So if anyone has any info that might be useful to me I would really appreciate it.My appointment isn`t until April so I am trying to get all my stuff together so I don`t look like an idiot.
Thanks again
May God Bless
Connie
rachelcasa

Re: Need all your help

Post by rachelcasa »

Connie...no question is a bad question at all. I went to a doctor locally here where I live and he told me there wasn't anything I could do for my injury. Well, after I found UBPN I found out that it wasn't true at all. Please do not get discouraged. Sometimes it is a matter of just finding the right doctor. Best of luck to you.
Rachel
LJSL0330
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. Only surgical intervention was muscle lengthening at 2-3 y/o. PT at 35 which increased passive ROM by did not improve active ROM. Also have scoliosis due to left shoulder "hiking."

Re: Need all your help

Post by LJSL0330 »

Ask whatever you're curious about! No question is stupid and trust me doctor's have heard it all especially if he/she has other OBPI patients.

For me, a big thing has always been the effects on my "good arm." You could ask what you can do to prevent overuse in your unaffected arm.... this will be a big thing as we age. (At least it has been for me!) The doctor may not be able to do anything for your OBPI arm, but chances are they can heklp you preserve your other while you still get to do everything you want to do!