Hey all i have a question

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Re: Hey all i have a question

Post by hope16_05 »

Beth, that is the beginings of overuse. I like to see my OT because she does ultrasound and I have even used kinesio tape on my left (good) side. If you practice corner stretches and military shoulders as exersises it should relax and feel better. It gets sore because you are compensating. Watch what you are doing when you are working...I bet you hike your shoulders up. Try relaxing them!
Good luck!
Amy 21 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Hey all i have a question

Post by Carolyn J »

GReat information & advice Amy!!
You really know your stuff..
Take care, Baeta and all of you Youngun's & listen up!;)

Hugs
Carolyn J-bossy somestimes! ;)
LOBPI/70
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Baeta

Hey all i have a question

Post by Baeta »

Hey everyone its been awhile since i have posted(i haven't had ther internet since i moved into my first home and it has been terrible without it lol)
I was wondering if this was a secondary injury or not. When i work a lot with my good arm(especially when cooking or doing stressful activities with my arm) i start to get a really bad pain in the left side of my neck into my shoulder and upper arm. does anyone know what this is or how to prvent it. also, my left shoulder blade(thats my arm without BP) gets really painfull all the time. whst kind of doctor should i see if this is secondary injury?
thanks so much for being there,
Beth 21 y/o ROBPI

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:36 pm.