Start off Awareness Week with us!

Tell us your Awareness efforts!
PeggyF

Start off Awareness Week with us!

Post by PeggyF »

To start off Awareness Week, Helping Hands Greater Northwest BPI Support Group will gather at Owen Beach (Point Defiance Park) on October 19th.

We have the spot from dawn 'til dusk (if we so desire), but I'm thinking from about noon to 4:00 p.m.

We'll be doing a potluck, so if you could please respond and let us know what you want to bring, that would be great! Feel free to contact me: pferg@wavecable.com or Julia Aten: julia120589@yahoo.com

We will also have a live band, The Backwoods Windjammers, to play for our entertainment.

Peggy

This is what I received from the contact person from Metro Parks today; she's been a real angel! :

Peggy,
What you are doing sounds so special and I am here to help you make this a memorable time. What I am going to do for you is only charge you a $100.00 refundable damage deposit and wave the application fee. I hope this will help. Owen Beach will be a perfect location for what you are planning. There are restrooms at Owen Beach which will be open and there is power for your use in the shelter.

Deb

Message was edited by: PeggyF
Karen McClune

Re: Start off Awareness Week with us!

Post by Karen McClune »

Thanks Julia and Peggy,

Looks great.

Hugs, Karen
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Great job, Peggy & Julia. Owen's Beach,Pt Definance Park is a fabulous place! I hope to see you all from the NW,WA and OR!

HUGS,
Carolyn J
"Gramma" :)
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

Looks like we'll have descent weather --a little chilly, but at least it won't be raining :)
Yaritsi's Mom

Post by Yaritsi's Mom »

I'll try to make it there! I really want to meet everyone.

Lupe (Yaritsi's Mom ROBPI)
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

It would be wonderful if you can make it. We'll be there :)

Thanks for the emails. I haven't had as much time to get to the message boards as I would have liked this week. It's been a very hard, long week and the weekend is very full, but we are looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday to start off Awareness Week!
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

Okay, the day is upon us.
I'm happy to know that more people are coming out to join us!

Just wanted to say, while it's not raining, it is going to probably be a bit chilly today, especially since we will be by the water, so dress in layers. The sun may come out and warm us for a bit, but who knows!

See you all later ;)

Peggy