Fundraising

Tell us your Awareness efforts!
Heddip

Fundraising

Post by Heddip »

Just a reminder...

I'm trying to raise money for UBPN through my fundraising site:

http://www.firstgiving.com/heddip

Please email your friends & coworkers the link, to help raise awareness for BPI. BTW, we've raised $225 so far!

Thanks,

Heddi
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Re: Fundraising

Post by richinma2005 »

I just forwarded it to alot of people in my email contact list!

rich
Heddip

Post by Heddip »

Another way to raise awareness is to start a blog about your experiences with BPI.

I started one mostly as a way to explore and write down my feelings about my accident, but am starting to share it now, even though it's very new.

Joel's blog gave me the idea (thanks Joel!), and not only has it been really good for me, but I got a donation to UBPN from sending it to one of my graphic design clients (I have a link to my fundraising site on there).

If you want to start your own blog this site is great:

https://www.blogger.com/start

And if you want to check out my blog go to:

http://challengedathletesworld.blogspot.com/

It might be easier to send a blog link to friends & family to raise awareness, than to ask for a donation.

Heddi
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Thank You ,Heddi, For your helpful suggestion. I'm thinking about doing something like that. I'm working on "courage" right now.

Hugs,
Carolyn J
LOBPI
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
Heddip

Post by Heddip »

There was $125 in new donations on my UBPN Fundraising site today. Good job getting the word out there!

Heddi
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Post by richinma2005 »

Ben was I guy I used to work with. He is a great guy.

Hope more people help out.