Helping Hands: Walk for BPI

Tell us your Awareness efforts!
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Helping Hands: Walk for BPI

Post by Tanya in NY »

I'm just starting to organize a walk for BPI. It will probably be quite small (maybe even just my immediate family...who knows), but it will hopefully be an annual event. We're going to do it during Awareness Week (the 19th to be exact on the first day). We're going to raise money prior to the walk, contact our local newspaper about it, and then do the walk. All the proceeds are going to be donated to UBPN! The goal is to eventually get more and more individuals involved. Awareness and fundraising for UBPN all in one.

You can do it, too. It's taken no effort thus far really. I just picked a date, told my kids and husband, and sent out an email and word of mouth so far about it. I'll get more organized in time and over the years. You can make it as big or small as you want. You can advertise other families (if there are other BPI families in your area) to join you, too) and make it real gathering and fun event! Make it what you want.

I've created a fundraising page as well (hint, hint if anyone wants to contribute).

http://www.firstgiving.com/amberjennison

Good luck.

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
veggiebug
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I weighed 11 lbs. 4 oz. when I was born.
I was delivered by forceps which resulted in my ROBPI.
I've never had any surgical intervention.

Re: Helping Hands: Walk for BPI

Post by veggiebug »

If you don't mind can I ask where in NY? I'm in PA and some parts of NY are a very short drive. Might be nice for Jack and I to do, he enjoyed me strolling him at the Relay this year.

Let me know, feel free to e-mail me direct if you wish.

-Traci
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Re: Helping Hands: Walk for BPI

Post by Tanya in NY »

We'd LOVE to have you, Traci! I think we are a bit of a distance, though. I'm near Utica, NY, which is about in the center of the state. If you'd like more specifics, then just let me know and I can get them to you. Thanks for the inquiry.

Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI 5 years old
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old