Today has some good news

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
wazza

Today has some good news

Post by wazza »

Here's what I posted in my livejournal today.. Very good news! I hope this brightens someones day at the very least :)

Today I cried because of my arm. And the first time, it was tears of happiness! I had the nerve conduction study today, the same thing as 7 months ago which I told the results to my then boss who sacked me because I had no nerve signal at all. Today, I was able to control the signal by _trying_ to move the muscles we were testing at the time, on all 3 (main ones)! Basically as the doc said, it's likened to baby muscle fibres re-growing and strong enough to send/receive signal as controlled by me but not old/strong enough to move the associated muscles (bicep, deltoid mainly). So it's a big 'small step on the long road to recovery' as quoted by the doctor testing me today.

I go and see the surgeon next tue to get the full results laid out to me and what his thoughts are to how I am and what stage of recovery I am at/expected etc. But today was fantastic news! I was able to control them as wanted, the sound of the nerve signal would get stronger as the doctor asked me to flex whichever muscle more. I controlled myself from crying until I left the hospital and walked to the train Smile Soooooooooooo happy at present. And I thought of tracey as I quote: said, "Thanks for giving me pain as I say to all the other doctors" and his reply is "Well we treat it as giving a niche pain so on the whole, it is to help aid your recovery. Something like the cliche, What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and you ought to be superman by that" which made me think of tracey always saying that quote for certain situations.

I just wish now it was sunny so I could go for a ride somewhere far out and just scream happiness while getting an adrenaline rush from riding to top off the news. Oh well, can't win them all as I have known for the past 12 months. Also the doctor said "Happy Birthday" during the test when we had good results.. *grins*