Doctor Poll

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Re: Doctor Poll

Post by admin »

Dr. Saleh Shenaq
6550 Fannin
Suite 1021-Smith Tower
Houston, Texas 77030
phone#- 713-441-5310
Fax#- 713-790-2471

Wonderful doctor and experienced with BPI.
m&mmom

Post by m&mmom »

(1) we consulted with Texas Children's both Drs. Shenaq and Nath. Our neurologist who runs a bpi clinic but does not do surgery - he agreed with primary for Matthew. (The guy is triple board certified and outstanding). We also consulted with a doc in MD, Dr Waters in Boston and a doc in Pittsburgh. We did not consult with Dr. Kozin at the time as we were under the impression from people we spoke with he did not do primary. I wish I would have contacted him also.

(2) Dr. Shenaq

I would suggest contacting as many doctors as you can to find the right treatment option for your child. Each surgeon has different techniques or approaches, at times even if they practice in the same hospital.

Good luck.
Cindy
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

LoriV,
I thought I would mention both shriners hospital in Minnesota and the Mayo clinic. I know that they have a good team at Mayo and are doing a lot of research on bpi's, I believe they do primary surgery there although I am not positive as I have not gone there myself, just read about their team on the Mayo web site.

My doctor at Shriners does work at Mayo though and he is personally studying bpi's a lot, as he is even finding options for me (I am 18 years old and ROBPI I have had 4 surgeries through shriners here in MN). Either place is great. Good luck!
If you want more info feel free to email me hope16_05@hotmail.com

Amy
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Dr. Saleh Shenaq
Houston, Texas
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is something wrong with this thread? I see there is 34 posted replys and there are only 25 actually posted.
richinma2005
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter Kailyn ROBPI, June 14, 1997.
Surgery with Dr Waters (BCH), April 1999 and in February 2012
2 more daughters, Julia (1999), Sarah(2002) born Cesarean.

Post by richinma2005 »

Nothing wrong with the thread Mary, just Spam Spam and more spam from automated systems that use message boards as a way to spread spam. We delete those messages, leaving the important real messages. Email info@ubpn.org with inquiries about message counts or other questions about the message boards .

Thanks
-Rich Looby
Katiesmom0514

Post by Katiesmom0514 »

We see Dr. David Adelson(neurosurgery) and Dr. Robert Goitz (orthopedics) at Childrens' Hospital of Pittsburgh. We had not primary surgery, both doctors did secondary surgery together. I think we all think our doctors are the best available, so please seek several opinions and decide for yourself who will be best for your son and your family.

Cheri, Mom to Katie, 3, LOBPI
JamieMarie'smommie

Post by JamieMarie'smommie »

1) Who did you consult with for opinions? I consulted The Children's Hospital at Dartmouth in New Hampshire then I talked to a Doctor at Concord Orthopedics and he refered me to Dr. Bae who is in with Dr Waters.

(2) Who did you ultimately choose for primary surgery? Jamie hasnt had to have surgery yet but when she does I've already choosen Dr Bae at Boston Childrens.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Doctor Poll make 800 000$ in a few weeks

Post by admin »

v
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My son also has a ROBI he is now 2. We had primary surgery at Texas Children's Hospital with Dr. Nath. I strongly agree with DMOM on this one, do the research he is the top doctor on this surgery. He has done more surgeries than any other clinic and has had great success. My son also had the mod quad sugery there and any other surgeries will be done there. We have also been to Wisconsin children's hospital for botox injections and the therapists have raved about his range of motion and quizzed us on all our therapies etc.. Dr. Nath may be in Texas but other than surgeries we have been able to follow up with him several times a year here in IL when he comes for clinics etc.. Good Luck!

LeAnn