Camp 2014

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Camp 2014

Post by cbe411 »

Who is interested? What 'things' can UBPN do to bring TBPI to camp? I have not been in the last couple of years but am planning for my return in 2014 LOL! Here is a wonderful opportunity... tell us what you want :)

Courtney
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Re: Camp 2014

Post by jmar »

if someone is there alone, INCLUDE THEM in what is going on. i was the only one there who is a TBPI and i felt totally excluded.
Dan
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Injured 5/11/86, had just turned 18 yrs old
Evulsed C5-T1
Intercostal into Bicep 10/86

Post by Dan »

jmar wrote:if someone is there alone, INCLUDE THEM in what is going on. i was the only one there who is a TBPI and i felt totally excluded.
I was there for one of the days as a tbpi and felt completely included, it is just that most of the camp is geared toward obpi, so there isn't much tbpi specific things for "us" to do or feel like we have specific things for us to do. There are different issues that obpi vs. tbpi deal with and since most of the people coming are families with obpi children, the activities/talks/programs are more obpi child focused.

That is why Courtney is asking the question, what are the activities/talks/programs we can add that would be of enough interest to attract more tbpi'ers. Or better yet, what are the things tbpi'ers need the most help with and if there was content that addressed those issues, would people come?

Things like these:
Pain management experts?
Filing for and qualifying for disability?
Doing life with one arm adaptations?

Dan
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

Ouch I m :roll:
I went to a Chicago picnic at the Zoo years ago, I first saw the :evil: :twisted: Birth injury still happen :twisted:
I first felt left out but I :mrgreen: ;) When I was ask about my birth erbs :roll: I ask what is your chid having to do one hand.
I saw how he was trying to eat and show him how I ate . Good thing they had lunch at that Picnic ;)
:P

I really would go to the camp to show what I have posted on one handed world :shock: Doing things in person is GREAT ;) :mrgreen: :shock:
There are so many here that could show some one how to do it with there limitation to find there way to do it.
Who wants to go to dinner :shock: ;) and stay at a near by hotel??
We all have so many way to do things by one handed means by so many other post to :shock: ;) :D no matter when you were injured doing one hand things , we are all in common :shock: ;)
It great to post but to someone trying to learn to show are ways is truly something we all could do our way at least :shock: ;) :D Just thinking ;) :D Topic , What would you like to be shown how to adapt??????? at 2014 camp :roll: :shock: ;)
Tom