any advice for the future?

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
joel509k
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Motorcycle Accident, Sep 5 2010
Harborview Medical Center

any advice for the future?

Post by joel509k »

Hey everyone my name is Joel and iam 24yrs old and I was in a motorcycle accident on Sep5, 2010 and now I have a Right BPI. Ive had four surgerys, but only two were really important the other ones were to fix my shattered collarbone and to remove hardware. Ive had a Never Transfer on Feb4 2011 (abt 14 hrs) and a Tendon Transfer on Jun22 2011 (abt 6 hrs). At the time of my accident there was no movement or feeling in the whole arm. As of today I can lift my arm a little and I can flex my elbow out but not in. So I have to wear a sling I hate it lol. Also I have sensation from the elbow up, but from the elbow down I dont really have any movement or feeling, no wrist control or nothing. So anyways my question is if anyone has any advice for me like from someone that has had this injury for years and could tell me tips, anything that could help, or what to expect in the future or anything. Thank you all
Dan
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Injured 5/11/86, had just turned 18 yrs old
Evulsed C5-T1
Intercostal into Bicep 10/86

Re: any advice for the future?

Post by Dan »

Hi,

I just sent you a PM and would be happy to help in any way I can. It is listed in other threads, but my cell is: 818-636-8109

I know there are many people here that will give advice to a specific question, so is there something specific you want some tips/help or guidance on? ie. tying shoes, buttering toast (my personal nemesis :x and I am 25 years post injury) playing golf, triathlons, etc.......

Dan
bjennings
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: C5 thru T1 avulsed on 3/17/2011 in a motorcycle accident.

follow me on instagram @bjennings276

Re: any advice for the future?

Post by bjennings »

Dan is the man he definately made it easier for me to handle my injury. and id def recommend the sling he made. i bought one and i barely use my other sling. and i can tie my shoes now, not perfect but it works! ive figured out a lot of things by just trying it until i figure something out, not letting everybody try and help me all the time.