Sling

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
Brandon_3

Sling

Post by Brandon_3 »

Hi everyone, I hear people talking about Fernando Jaimes and his sling and I was wondering if anyone knows how I can get one.
Thanks
Brandon
Brandon_3

Re: Sling

Post by Brandon_3 »

Does anyone know, anyone at all where to get Fernando Jaimes sling he designed
Sincerely
Brandon
EllenB

Post by EllenB »

I'm out of town but will send directly send you his email when I get back home.

Ellen
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is that the sling with a metal hook at the inside of the elbow to help with the subluxation?
Dan
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Injured 5/11/86, had just turned 18 yrs old
Evulsed C5-T1
Intercostal into Bicep 10/86

Post by Dan »

Hi All,

I was just e-mailing Fernando today, actually paying him for the sling he had made for me.

He has not checked the boards lately, that is why he has not responded. I mentioned to him that there is interest in his sling by a number of people. He has actually been working on a design that does not need to be custom made to fit each individual person but that can come in two different sizes and be used for either left or right arm.

I know he wants to get it ready to be made in greater quantity before he posts about it, which he said should be soon. I will ask him to post and give everyone an update.

Dan
EllenB

Post by EllenB »

Hi Brandon - here is a webpage with a lot of action photos of Fernando, just to demo the sling & all the sports Fernando is active in. My son John also bought one of the slings he designed & loves it for snow skiing. Dan, thanks for the update on him & for letting him know there is an interest in the slings. The below url takes you to a picture of Fernando water skiing, but you can click on other pictures to the right to see more.

Fernando wears it different ways - sometimes he positions his arm toward his shoulder, and sometimes across his chest at a 90 degree angle.

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=125232&pid=817105

Ellen
Fernando

Post by Fernando »

Hi Everyone

Sorry for not posting sooner. Since my accident I been trying to keep up with life and for me a good sling that takes the arm out of the way when you need to has been a great help. I was lucky to be able to contact a company that works with neoprene here in town that help me out.

This company is very busy and have very little time to help me out with the sling project but finally after pushing and been able to come out with a more standard product, looks like I will be able to make more than one.
I have made couple of sling for my self and other ones for a few friends as a pilot project but finally I think I have come up with a product that can work good and that could be made in two sizes to cover a grater range of people (this is not a professional product but I belive it will cover people from 130 lb up to 200 lb I am trying to do my best but will not fit everyone perfectly but I am sure will do a great Job for must of you).

Since it will be difficult to made them per order because this guys do not have the time for it, I will go ahead and make a bunch of them at ones because I know it will defiantly make a big difference for someone that wants to get out and do more fiscal activity. If someone thinks is interest on it please let me know since there are two sizes plus I have to make them either lefts and rights so will help me optimize the material. For those who think will want one I think I will just need from you your weight your hight and if it will be right or left, you can e-mail me fjaimes@bajamexinternacional.com or through here.

In order for me to get this guys to do the sling I had to show them that they will make some money (and the more happy they are the easier will be for me to do more) so the cost for the sling will be 120.00 dls plus Shipping

Any questions feel free to ask

Have a nice weekend
Fernando
wazza

Post by wazza »

Here is the AC sling I have to keep my subluxed shoulder back in joint. Not sure if people have seen/heard about these I was referred to a orthotist who deals with this and this one seemed to help me.

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/ ... C00274.jpg

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j250/ ... C00275.jpg

The first url is a picture of me in the sling without a velcro strap I have on my wrist to keep it from hanging when I walk/move about. Second pic is me with the wrist strap on. We quickly took the pics before going grocery shopping so don't mind the 'messy' look of me :)

Any questions I will be happy to answer.
spinkydee

Post by spinkydee »

Was this custom made or can it be purchased off the web? It looks like a better set up than what my son is wearing...thanks, Michele
wazza

Post by wazza »

spinkydee : Is your post referring to my sling? If so, it was a 'standard' one he had but I am not sure if he has made this himself or it can be bought over the web. I will call him tomorrow (great guy who cares!) and see in regards about if it can be ordered over the net, either from somewhere else or through him?

It definitely works wonders for me, it puts the shoulder back in place and has stopped be from being fatigued every evening due to the strain of my arm dragging on shoulder. :)