hi

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
abba lori

hi

Post by abba lori »

hi.. im abba lori lumapas 29 yrs old from
cavite philippines, im suffering from
brachial plexopathy since 2007 when i had
a vehiculae accident. i already tried several
physical therapies and yet a still canh move
my left arm, Can you help me with this
situation? may i request for some info that
can help me? i looking forwaed for your
answer. thank you and god bless ....
abba
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Re: hi

Post by marieke »

I suggest you post this on the TBPI board as well, that is where you might get more info as that message board is for people in the same situation as you are in.

Marieke 33, LOBPI
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Master DIVER TOM

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

What is TBPI?? I fell like dinaisor, What is it???
I seen this state before? I was left road kill with erbs at 14 its the 60s. Please state , what BUGS you?

Tom
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

Tom, TBPI is Traumatic BPI, the one you get from an accident/trauma and there is OBPI which is Obstetric, birth injured.
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Aleman33
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Brachial Plexus injury, 7/23/10, can't move arm.

Post by Aleman33 »

Hi Abba. what kind of treatment you had since the accident?
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Abba

Here is the link to the TBPI board. I hope someone their can give you some answers or directions for treatment.

http://ubpn.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=18

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:21 pm.
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi