anyone have before & after pictures of mod quad surgery

This board is for adults and teens to discuss issues relating to BPI since birth (OBPI).
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: anyone have before & after pictures of mod quad surgery

Post by Carolyn J »

Christina,
Good Luck with your Surgery! Please keep us posted like Staci has been doing. I learn sooo much.
HUGS!,
Carolyn J
LOBPI,Age 68 & proud of it!
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cristina,

I would have to dig up some pictures of me in a tank top or bathing suit to show how the surgery affected my shoulders. That was the only noticeable change on the outside. My posture is completely different. My right shoulder literally fell into place. It used to be higher than my left and kind of tilted forward. My parents flew with me to Houston and the morning after surgery my mom was looking at me standing up.. and said "oh my gosh your shoulders are even!" It was really cool.

-Staci (26)
ROBPI
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

Cristina,
I had some of me before and after (they aren't pretty by any means let me tell ya due to the fact I was a bit over weight and look horrible *L*) but the arm part is quite amazing. I just have to find them. I had them on my old computer but I'm not sure where they ended up. I'll definitely work on finding them this weekend and try to send them to you.
If I can't find them I will let you know.
Thanks
Rachel
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

I had a really bad week this week and haven't had time to look for my pictures. I'm hoping to get around to it this week. I just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten about the pictures.
Rachel
cristina

Post by cristina »

Thanks for not forgetting about me:):)
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

I can't seem to find them as of yet, I'm still looking for them. Sorry...I haven't forgotten.
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

Cristina,

Francine has pictures of my surgery on her daughter's website. If you go to injurednewborn.com it is Maia's website. There are many photos of surgeries and things her daughter has had. If you have a hard time finding them let me know. Mine are labeled as "rachelcasa's pictures. Let me know if you find them. I wasn't sure she had them on her website still so I had to look it up again this morning since I cannot find mine on my old pc.
rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

It's me again sorry better directions on how to get to the photos. Go to www.injurednewborn.com.
Scroll down and on the right hand side towards the bottom you will see a site called Maia's website. Click on that and it will take you to a pink page of Maia's website. Scroll down when you get to the pink page and go to other surgeries, tests and more. My pics will be on the website. I also encourage you to look at the other pages. Francine has done a great job in putting together her daughters website and adding others like myself to her webpage. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Sorry for the delay in this too.
cristina

anyone have before & after pictures of mod quad surgery

Post by cristina »

I'm having surgery w/ Dr.Nath Nov 15 and would like to know outcomes of others that have had this procedure.

Cristina
ROBPI
brachialplexushurts
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 23 LOBPI

Post by brachialplexushurts »

I just had my first appointment with Dr. Nath and would love to hear from anyone who has had surgery with him. He recommended three surgeries for me. What was the recovery like and what was the overall outcome? I'd love to see before and after photos as well..