Morgan Freeman has TBPI

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Brandon_3

Morgan Freeman has TBPI

Post by Brandon_3 »

I was watching Pierce Morgan interviewing Morgan Freeman on CNN and he was injured in a car accident suffering a BPI. His left hand is still paralyzed and it didn't go into detail about the rest of his arm but it was mentioned that "his arm is still affected". Asked whether it affects his acting and he said only when he has to pretend to be doing something with it, and that he now plays golf with one hand and can drive the ball 180 yards. This made me happy because i play one handed and can drive it 200 yards. He also said he hasn't learned to write with his other hand. I mention this story because this is such a high profile person with this injury who seemed to be very reluctant to talk about it and when it was brought up his demeanor changed significantly towards what appeared to me as sadness. Mr. Morgan seemed to want to talk more about it but Mr. Freeman clearly didn't or did not know how. I wish that he could have been able to talk about it and bring more attention to such a devastating yet little known injury.
Brandon Hubbard
ArmStrong
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: HI BPI FAMILY ON SEPT.19 2010 I CRASHED ON MY MOTORCYCLE AND SUFFERD A FRACTURED BACK AND NECK AND A CLOSED,TRAUMATIC BPI LEFT ARM PARALYZED,SOME FINGER AND WRIST MOVEMENT.

Re: Morgan Freeman has TBPI

Post by ArmStrong »

There is a high profile rapper named DJ Paul from a group called 3 Six Mafia who has OBPI his group won some big award for a song they wrote for the movie Hustle&Flow and he's always on TMZ among other shows.I never knew he had this injury until a friend told me and I looked it up,unfortunately he never talks about it as far as I know which is really a shame because he could probably bring alot of attention to this injury like you said and inspire alot of kids who are growing up with it.There are a few other celeberties who have suffered from this injury but unknown to the public.
Cara
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My oldest daughter suffered a LOBPI. We were sent home form the hospital without being told anything was wrong. She had nerve graft surgery at one year of age, tendon transfer and release at 3 1/2 yrs of age.

Re: Morgan Freeman has TBPI

Post by Cara »

Thanks for posting this. I am not much of a celberty follower, but we watched part of the people's choice awards the other night and noticed his arm. When I started searching it I was like wow It happened how long ago and I missed it.