Anyone live in or near Sacramento,Ca?

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
SMLockwood
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right side OBPI. injury occured during birth 1-20-1984. Arm slightly bent, shorter than left side, unable to rotate or raise more than about 45 degrees.

Anyone live in or near Sacramento,Ca?

Post by SMLockwood »

Hello all I am 27 and have ROBPI, my name is Sabrina. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that lives in or around the sacramento area? Also any other ladies that have young children and perhaps want to meet for a chat and let the kiddies play together would be awesome! I have a daughter that will be 4 in december(She is uninjured as I insisted on a c section so she wouldnt run the risk of shoulder dystocia). I have never met anyone with the same injuries I have so it would be nice to get together with someone else who deals with the same! :)
Rod B
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Rt Arm Erb's Palsy, 1960, St Luke Hosp. S.f. Ca. Dr. Z. Hand length shorter than left arm, waiters tip wrist, elbow doesn't extend all the way, can't raise arm above shoulder level, can't raise hand above eye level; Surgery in 1978 At UCSF Dr. Hoaglan, and Preffenger to stabalize. I hate when other people do a double take, but notice I do the same LOL. Didnt bother me when I was young, but from age 12 and up I was always trying to hide my disability . I don't hide it any more. Grew up playing softball, fishing, able to ride motorcycle as well.

Re: Anyone live in or near Sacramento,Ca?

Post by Rod B »

I'm Rod, age 51, married, no children; I live in fremont, Ca. I'm in Sac once or twice a year for car shows. I thought I would at least say hello.