Newbie here , just saying hi

Welcome Newbies! Introduce yourselves!
LeeAdmag
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right Through Elbow Amputation / BPI

Newbie here , just saying hi

Post by LeeAdmag »

Hey folks,
I'm Lee, I'm from Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England

Been a right through elbow amputee and TBPI since 1 August '96

I'm 40 arm so 19 year anniversary is approaching,
I'm a TV film actor utilising my amputation to its benefit. Your may well of seen me without even realising it. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5835866/
I also undertake Military immersion training again with silicon prosthetics a bit of acting and a lot of fake squirty blood I help progress medical care on the battlefield.
I also work Door Supervisor for pubs clubs and festivals.

Free time is spent mountain biking , Taekwon-Do (2kup) running and of course eating drinking making merry !
Thus year I'm planning my first para jump and trying snowboarding
So if I can be of help guidance or support I can and will contribute what I know.
framegrabber
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 37 year male from the Netherlands, TBPI in Sept. 1996 with C8TH1 avulsion on my not dominant right arm. Nerve grafts reconstruction from leg in Nov. 1996 didn't help a lot, no hand, wrist, biceps or triceps function, only some sense. Now planning a operation to amputate above the elbow and get a bionic arm (myo electric prosthesis) with a target muscle reinnervation in Vienna around Nov 2015

Re: Newbie here , just saying hi

Post by framegrabber »

Hi Lee,

My name is Sebastiaan and I live in Enschede (the east of the Netherlands). I'm 37 and also this year is my 19th anniversary is approaching. However I have still my right arm with no function
(C8TH1 avulsion and C6C7 damaged a lot). But I can get a myo prosthesis (after amputation above the elbow) in Vienna with a Targeted Musscle Reinnervation surgery.

I'm also snowboarding but I would lilke to ride my mountainbike again (in 1996 caused that my TBPI). Maybee after amputating and a special prosthesis.

What kind of nerve damage do you have?

Greetings, Sebastiaan
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Welcome Lee!
It's great to see you join the forums and offer support, please tell me a little about how you complete Taekwon-do. Do you find yourself vulnerable any videos? I have a birth injury but haven't been brave enough for martial arts.
Amy
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
ToryKa
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Left arm was injured in a car accident half a year ago.

Post by ToryKa »

Hi!
Lee, this is so inspiring!
I used to ride a sportbike until the last year car accident. I was devastated, but I met an incredible person who became my best friend. This guy overcame arm amputation and still became a manager in a company where typing speed is extremely important. He also like kickboxing.
Guys, be strong!
acanais58
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Je n'ai pas subi d'intervention mais c'est mon petit frère. Il s'est fait opérer le 12-04-2014

Post by acanais58 »

framegrabber wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:15 am Hi Lee,

My name is Sebastiaan and I live in Enschede (the east of the Netherlands). I'm 37 and also this year is my 19th anniversary is approaching. However I have still my right arm with no function
(C8TH1 avulsion and C6C7 damaged a lot). But I can get a myo prosthesis mutuelles Entreprise (after amputation above the elbow) in Vienna with a Targeted Musscle Reinnervation surgery.

I'm also snowboarding but I would lilke to ride my mountainbike again (in 1996 caused that my TBPI). Maybee after amputating and a special prosthesis.

What kind of nerve damage do you have?

Greetings, Sebastiaan
I tried to introduce myself but I do not know but it's not validated.