Tennessee here?

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
jmommy
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son has an OBPI. He had nerve graft surgery on 6/15/12. It was a 11 1/2 surgery where they took the sural nerves from both legs and replace the nerves in his neck. He's 10 months old. We are waiting, hoping and praying for a full recovery! Have any questions, just ask.

Tennessee here?

Post by jmommy »

Anyone from Tennessee has a child with BPI?
nkjacoby
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Nicholas is 11 years old and his birth was complicated by a severe shoulder dystocia resulting in a severe LOBPI. He has had 5 surgeries to date with very little improvement. His left arm has never fully gained any functional use and has been completely flaccid until his last surgery. It now sits at a more natural position, but he is still unable to use his arm. However, his hand function was never limited until after his most recent surgery and is now completely limited due to an ulnar nerve entrapment. He is getting ready to have his 6th surgery in April to free the ulnar nerve from his last surgery. He is an amazing young man who never gives up on his dreams. He is my HERO!!!

Re: Tennessee here?

Post by nkjacoby »

We are from TN. Feel free to email me if you would like to. We don't know many families from TN. We look forward to hearing from you. :0)
Mom to Nicholas 11 LOBPI, Dawson 7, and Kalyssa 5