Camp Activity Signups

Discuss Camp UBPN
mamaofsix
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Second son, Cameron, left obstetric brachial plexus injury in 2005.
Primary never graft surgery at 3 months old at St. Louis Children's Hospital
and several rounds of Botox injections.

Camp Activity Signups

Post by mamaofsix »

Hello Fellow Campers! We are just 19 days, 7 hours, 30 minutes and 23 seconds from camp-- but who's counting?

Everyone should have received our activity signup via email already, but if you haven't, please email me at anise@ubpn.org or Claudia at claudiastrobing@gmail.com with your email address so you can be added to our camper email list.

Here is how the activities for camp will work:
There are certain activities and times for those activities that have been prearranged by me with the YMCA. That is, they are our activity times. For the most part they don't overlap too much with the other programming that we have. You will have to sign up for these activities.

In addition to the activities that we prearranged, there are many, many free and pay activities that the YMCA offers. One week before our Camp, you can either go online (http://www.ymcaoftheozarks.org
) or call (573.438.2154) the camp to find out which activities they will be offering the week we are there. You can either sign up then, or wait and do it on a day by day basis. One caution: if you are interested in horseback riding, sign up before getting to camp. We are NOT offering horseback riding. You are welcome to sign up and pay for it on your own, but it is not one of our prearranged activities.

Here is the sign up system:
You need to email me back at claudiastrobing@gmail.com with your 1st and 2nd choices for each person in your group. I need names and 1st and 2nd choices. I will do my best to give first choices, but cannot promise that. You also might only get one prearranged activity. Any leftover spots will be filled at Camp.
I must have the email by July 7th. I will not be able to coordinate late emails. Any one who didn't sign up by July 7th will have an opportunity to sign up for any open spots at Camp.

Monday's Activities:
10-11am Archery
10-11am Pines Peak (climbing wall)
2-3pm Archery
3-3:30pm Pontoon ride (boat ride)
3:30-4pm Pontoon ride

Tuesdays' Activities:
9-10am Pines Peak
11-12pm Pines Peak
1-2pm Archery
4-4:30pm Pontoon ride
4:30-5pm Pontoon ride

please note that archery and pines peak have a minimum age requirement of 5 years old. Archery requires an adult at the activity for participants 11 and younger (you don't have to do it, just be there...).

Remember, please send your 1st and 2nd choices, with names of participants(I can't sign you up without your name!) by July 7th to claudiastrobing@gmail.com.

We will see you at camp!

Anise & Claudia
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Re: Camp Activity Signups

Post by hope16_05 »

Did I read the YMCA site correct and they will have fireworks for our arrival on Sunday night? How cool is that!
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

COOL!
Carolyn J
LOBPI/74 8-)
mamaofsix
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Second son, Cameron, left obstetric brachial plexus injury in 2005.
Primary never graft surgery at 3 months old at St. Louis Children's Hospital
and several rounds of Botox injections.

Post by mamaofsix »

hope16_05 wrote:Did I read the YMCA site correct and they will have fireworks for our arrival on Sunday night? How cool is that!

You read correctly!! See you on Sunday!

Anise
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Post by jmar »

how do you get info off that site? i find very basic info, but nothing to do with our trip.