Posting Pics of Members

Send suggestions to the UBPN or find answers to your questions about the boards.
clo2481

Posting Pics of Members

Post by clo2481 »

Hello. Just thought it would be nice if there was an option for members to post a pic of themselves on their user profile if they want to so that we can all put a face to each other's names.

Chloe'
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Re: Posting Pics of Members

Post by karategirl1kyu »

that would be a cool addition!!
~Mel/23/LOBPI
Drake's Mom

Post by Drake's Mom »

i agree!!! It's hard sometimes to keep track of who is who, and with a picture it might be easier to keep the stories with the face! And for the people who haven't been to camp, like me, we would recognize the people we have been talking to when we can make it to camp.
Great suggestion!
Teresa
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

I don't think it can be done using this site, but we could always start a photobucket account just for UBPN, where all members have access to (they would get the login name and password) and be able to post pics of themselves and family.

Another site I belong to does this and it works well. It's free and easy to post them.

Just a thought!
Marieke (32, LOBPI)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
karategirl1kyu
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, had surgery when I was 9- they moved muscles and tendons from one side of my arm to the other side. I can lift my arm to about my eye level, can't straigten it all the way and can't completely supinate my wrist.

Post by karategirl1kyu »

...we could always meet up on facebook or myspace.. its popular among the younger generaton, and are great if we organize! lol!
Mel
~Mel/23/LOBPI
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

A few of us are on both already, lol..
you can look me up. Marieke Dufresne
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com