Search found 82 matches

by djk
Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:10 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: One Handed Typing Software for PCs
Replies: 29
Views: 14261

Re: One Handed Typing Software for PCs

AngelaW, thanks for the lead on the pen. it looks interesting. like you mention though it boils down to if you want to be an early adapter and make the jump and grow with the technology or hold back for refinements to the system. it certainly is an interesting gizmo, ha ha. expensive though. temptin...
by djk
Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:23 pm
Topic: NEED INSPIRATION..NICK VUJICIC
Replies: 14
Views: 4237

Re: NEED INSPIRATION..NICK VUJICIC

yeah armstrong get your testosterone checked and if you need to, get your doc to help you out in that area, one armed kinda gimpy guys need to be just about maxed out on the test to help in the rebuilding process and then just workout friend. squats are your friend at this point. i do 70% machines c...
by djk
Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:06 am
Topic: NEED INSPIRATION..NICK VUJICIC
Views: 4237

Re: NEED INSPIRATION..NICK VUJICIC

hey armstrong it is more important for you to be in the gym lifting weights now than it was before so do it. get yourself one of dan's slings or similar and just start lifting and running.
by djk
Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:51 am
Topic: Some wounded soldiers choose amputation
Replies: 4
Views: 2074

Re: Some wounded soldiers choose amputation

the ua3 looks promising, but probably very pricey. maybe a 20 year lease? i mean it's not like i would need it forever :)
http://www.utaharm.com/ua3.php maybe i can find a used one on ebay or craigslist. :roll:
by djk
Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:22 pm
Topic: Some wounded soldiers choose amputation
Replies: 4
Views: 2074

Re: Some wounded soldiers choose amputation

thanks for posting this article. it was a good read.
by djk
Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:17 am
Topic: WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS?
Views: 5700

Re: WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS?

do not misunderstand me. my injury is severe according to the evaluation i had. your injury may not be at the same level. each of us has different, though similar, issues. now, could the drs opinion on spontaneous recovery not happening be wrong? yes. will the spontaneous recovery manifest itself, i...
by djk
Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:09 pm
Topic: WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS?
Views: 5700

Re: WHAT ARE THE EFFECTS?

ArmStrong, when i had my evaluation dr mackinnon suggested that i have the shoulder fused to give stabalization as my deltoids are apparently gone and not coming back. she felt that a transfer of part of the trapazoid on the right side would possibly give me the ability to move the shoulder some. my...
by djk
Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:13 am
Topic: Camera for Lefties?
Replies: 10
Views: 4820

Re: Camera for Lefties?

leica are very good optics. or at least back in the 60's they were. companies change hands over time and what the brand used to provide sometimes is not what the current deal is. i also have used a small table tripod to hold the camera and the way i get around not having to also navigate the shutter...
by djk
Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:18 pm
Topic: Camera for Lefties?
Views: 4820

Re: Camera for Lefties?

i like photography so finding a camera that i, also a new lefty, can use was one of my first searches after i got over the shock of the injury. there are not, that i'm aware of, cameras for lefties. however, many companies make slimlines that can work. i like the optics of nikons and my p90 is now a...
by djk
Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:26 pm
Topic: FIRST SURGERY DONE
Views: 4384

Re: FIRST SURGERY DONE

i'm happy for you ArmStrong. i hope you get good results. as you already know, it's going to be a lot of hard work. i wish you the best. take care.