Search found 109 matches

by jacko
Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:33 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Deep Fried Turkey
Replies: 39
Views: 3207

Re: Deep Fried Turkey

Ha ! Courtney SAYS she enjoyed haggis and black pudding NOW !
When she was actually in England, she described everything as "poor person's food" ! Blooming cheek!
Mind you, most of the tastiest food IS made from stuff you wouldn't feed to your dog !
by jacko
Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:57 am
Topic: Bookbags & BPI
Replies: 24
Views: 2341

Re: Bookbags & BPI

Leave 'em in your locker. Only carry the ones you need right now !
by jacko
Tue Aug 17, 2004 6:45 am
Topic: For those people with BPI injuries on their dominant arm...
Replies: 19
Views: 1929

Re: For those people with BPI injuries on their dominant arm...

<t>I practised for hours and hours for 4 months when I first got my RBPI. I started off the same way that I'd learnt in school when I was 5 years old. After 5 years of left handed writing, my writing was as good as it was before. If I take a bit of time, it's better !<br/> I can also paint, use a cr...
by jacko
Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:21 am
Topic: Looking for new career
Replies: 11
Views: 1869

Re: Looking for new career

<t>I went back to teaching after my BPI. All I had to do was learn to write with the non-dominant hand.<br/> <br/> As a hobby, I have taken up SCUBA diving, welding, and woodwork. Welding is easy one-handed, all you need is lots of spring clamps and magnetic angle-setting jigs. If I was good enough ...
by jacko
Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:42 pm
Topic: Neurontin
Replies: 4
Views: 1124

Neurontin

<t>This is probably old news to most of you, but I heard the other day on BBC Radio 4 that Neurontin is basically licenced for epilepsy, and its manufacturers have got into serious trouble for "bribing" doctors to prescribe it for other, non-licenced conditions. It was produced by Warner Lambert, an...
by jacko
Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:28 pm
Topic: u.k benefitsadvice needed
Replies: 5
Views: 790

Re: u.k benefitsadvice needed

<r>Sorry, forgot that not everyone knows the wonderful Kazza. Karen Hillyer: the big cheese in the Erb's Palsy Group (erbspalsygroup.com), full time mum of Gavin (OBPI), and oftentime contributor to the tbpi-group ( <URL url="http://tbpi-group.org/">http://tbpi-group.org/</URL>). Contact her via the...
by jacko
Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:18 pm
Topic: u.k benefitsadvice needed
Replies: 5
Views: 790

Re: u.k benefitsadvice needed

<r>Metty... Generally the DLA peeps will only give mobility allowance if someone has severe and permanent pain in one or both legs that makes it impossible to walk more than 100 metres. Any pain not entirely due to leg problems is not even considered by them.<br/> <br/> If your son fulfills the leg ...
by jacko
Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:29 am
Topic: Meeting in U.K. (Squires!)
Replies: 11
Views: 1051

Re: Meeting in U.K. (Squires!)

It rained on Saint Swithin's day ! Bring umbrellas to Squires !

For the US audience: an ancient British folklore says that if it rains on St. Swithin's day (15th. July), it will rain for 40 days and 40 nights.
by jacko
Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:05 am
Topic: amputation and pain
Replies: 22
Views: 2128

Re: amputation and pain

<t>Speaking as an amp myself, I agree with what Jenny has said.<br/> <br/> The amp certainly eliminated the cold hand sydrome, and the subluxing pain. It also eliminated the ache I was getting in my neck and spine, due to lugging round the flail arm. I always found that other pain would trigger nerv...
by jacko
Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:54 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Deciding to sue... and when?
Replies: 6
Views: 415

Re: Deciding to sue... and when?

<t>In the UK, we do not have quite the same attitude towards suing everyone for everything, and I'm really glad. I hate the culture where no-one ever seems to take responsibility for their own actions, and always wants to blame someone else.<br/> <br/> However, in medical negligence cases like these...