Search found 109 matches

by jacko
Sat Aug 31, 2002 2:28 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: careers
Replies: 3
Views: 1123

Re: careers

<t>I went back into teaching. There is very little physical effort required, so I do not put a strain on my back or my good arm. If I need anything heavy carried, I get the kids to help me. I was already qualified as a teacher and had one year's experience under my belt when I had my TBPI. Because t...
by jacko
Sat Aug 31, 2002 6:19 am
Topic: Apostophes
Replies: 7
Views: 870

Re: Apostophes

<t>Thanks everyone, you're right... I have been using Word, then pasting in. The trouble with typing directly into the message board is that a couple of times I've written a whole bunch of stuff, then lost it forever for one reason or another before it could be posted. That is such a waste of time, ...
by jacko
Fri Aug 30, 2002 5:56 pm
Topic: Apostophes
Views: 870

Apostophes

Does anyone know how, when I contribute to this message board, I can make my apostrophes come out properly, and not as question marks ?
by jacko
Fri Aug 30, 2002 5:49 pm
Topic: How long does pain last?
Replies: 12
Views: 1949

Re: How long does pain last?

Hi Zoe, see my reply to your question re amputation which may partly answer this question as well.
by jacko
Fri Aug 30, 2002 5:46 pm
Topic: Amputation
Replies: 53
Views: 6185

Re: Amputation

<t>Hi Zoe, <br/> welcome to the club that nobody wants to be in. I’m glad you’ve found the websites so quickly. There are people here only too happy to help.<br/> <br/> Re amputation: don’t even think about it until you’ve given your body a chance to start repairing itself. Amputation WILL NOT remov...
by jacko
Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:10 am

<t>Francine, I am happy to answer your questions. That is what we are all here for. (I am trying to write this without using an apostophe: they did not seem to work on my last post).<br/> <br/> I am no expert, but there are 3 main types of false arm:<br/> <br/> 1) Electronically triggered by nerve i...
by jacko
Fri Aug 16, 2002 10:09 am

<t>Francine, I am happy to answer your questions. That is what we are all here for. (I am trying to write this without using an apostophe: they did not seem to work on my last post).<br/> <br/> I am no expert, but there are 3 main types of false arm:<br/> <br/> 1) Electronically triggered by nerve i...
by jacko
Fri Aug 16, 2002 6:00 am

Amputation

<t>It’s now 2 months since I had my right TBPI arm amputated. The quality of my life has improved beyond belief. I feel liberated. <br/> <br/> Clothes are easy to get on and off, and when I go scuba diving, it is so much easier to get the heavy kit on and off. The same with a rucksack. When I ride m...
by jacko
Sun Jun 23, 2002 5:06 am
Topic: hello, goodbye
Views: 1431

hello, goodbye

<t>Hi ! This is my first message to the board, though I've been reading all your stuff for ages. I just never thought I had any thing worth saying. <br/> Just over a week ago, I decided enough was enough, and said goodbye to the right arm that I've been lugging around for 5 years. Some of you may th...