Search found 4 matches

by marlin's mom
Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:59 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Question
Replies: 9
Views: 11875

Re: Question

you might try some estem therapy to give her muscles a little hand up and also some common sense measures like binding the left arm for periods of time so that she is forced to use the right arm. the imbalance might be as much that she is using her left for more and it is bulkier than it would be if...
by marlin's mom
Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:05 pm
Topic: complications with nerve graft surgery
Replies: 0
Views: 5413

complications with nerve graft surgery

My 14 obpi child has had issues with her skin and was diagnosed with Darier's disease, she hasn't responded to any treatment and I have been researching this quite a bit after talking with a friend who had symptoms that were masking as something else. Here goes, what I think she has is hypocalicum (...
by marlin's mom
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:56 pm
Topic: SURGERY IN DECEMBER ON 5 MONTH OLD
Replies: 2
Views: 3138

Re: SURGERY IN DECEMBER ON 5 MONTH OLD

I remember, it was 13 years ago at 5 months. Its scary, but its the best thing that you can do for her/him. When you look back on this, hopefully you will feel as I do, grateful for the advances in recovering function. My daughter had avulsions to C5 and C6 and a rupture to C7 ( I think...2 avulsion...
by marlin's mom
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:47 pm
Topic: 13 going on 14
Replies: 2
Views: 3292

13 going on 14

I was talking with a mom of a newborn today who may have some serious medical challenges. I was telling her about how when Mar was born with a BPI how much resources like this board help us. Marlin was born in June of 2000. She had 5 surgeries at TCH. Talking about her challenges earlier in life rea...