Search found 82 matches

by djk
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:29 pm
Forum: New? Start Here!
Topic: Disability
Replies: 20
Views: 14127

Re: Disability

yeah tom you are correct about related jobs in the same field being a consideration, i did talk to some shop owners and managers and a point that was made is that i was unable to do what was required in some aspects of the qualifications.employment is based on a series of qualifications, things that...
by djk
Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:58 am

thanks Tom. maybe one other thing i should mention is my whole life the greatest amount of income came from building things with my hands. houses, cabinets, restoration of automobiles, and some others. thing was every one was done by being able to have both hands working. and my right hand. arm, sho...
by djk
Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:58 pm

hello everyone. i wanted to add my experience on tpbi and disability. i was injured right at 7 years ago. my understanding of disability is that although it is a federal program it is administered by the states. the states have guidelines but are also empowered to make case decisions. i was a reside...
by djk
Thu May 29, 2014 4:56 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: help with kitchen stuff
Replies: 2
Views: 3013

Re: help with kitchen stuff

i had one of these handle/pan setups prior to my accident. i was living in florida and bought it at a big lots store. only hitch is you have to be strong enough to lift the pan with one arm. i also find that clean up is easier if i line the pan with a decent piece of alum foil.
small_grill_pan.jpg
small_grill_pan.jpg (31.14 KiB) Viewed 3023 times
by djk
Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:48 pm
Topic: BPI or not?
Replies: 5
Views: 5318

Re: BPI or not?

Hi Bill,
Only a Dr(the right kind) can let you know the real deal about your situation. I was taken to Asheville hospital after my accident in Franklin, NC. I thought my treatment there was bad but turns out it was like Mayo compared to your experience. GOOD Luck and best wishes.
by djk
Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:49 pm
Topic: surgery to pin humerus to scapula
Replies: 1
Views: 2486

surgery to pin humerus to scapula

i'm now considering the surgery were the hunerus bone,which is now hanging off the side, is attached via a pin to the scapula socket where it would normally be in a healthy body. i'm posting to ask for info from anyone who has had this surgery. like how easy a procedure it was, hospital stay time, r...
by djk
Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:19 am
Topic: tinnitus
Replies: 1
Views: 1913

Re: tinnitus

i have it. i think it is related to the gabapentin i take.
by djk
Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:26 pm
Topic: Ketamine Infusion for Pain
Replies: 4
Views: 3413

Re: Ketamine Infusion for Pain

i'm 61. when i was in my late teens i tripped [used lsd] a couple times. ketamine gives a similar experience if one crosses a certain dosage threshold. that's the easiest way to explain my experience. it also can make walking difficult. so it is not the kind of chemical that one could expect to use ...
by djk
Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:13 am
Topic: Ketamine Infusion for Pain
Replies: 4
Views: 3413

Re: Ketamine Infusion for Pain

i have not had an infusion but i have tried lozenges[?] and it does help with pain but also gives some unusual side effects. i'd suggest asking for some trial experience of some sort to see if the sides can be handled ok.
by djk
Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:33 pm
Topic: The first unstoppable
Replies: 6
Views: 4630

Re: The first unstoppable

armstrong, great post!. i remember some of your first posts here on the forum. you expressed some thoughts that i'm sure a lot of people with this injury think the same things and it's just a matter of working through. as for me at the moment the only real downside/problem with the injury for me is ...