Search found 13 matches

by marlene1959
Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Pain Rehab at Mayo
Replies: 0
Views: 2231

Pain Rehab at Mayo

Hey all.......has anyone here been through the pain rehab program (either the 2 day or 3 week) at Mayo?? From what I have read, it looks to be quite helpful. Looking for those that have gone through it or a similar program and would love to hear your opinions!!! Thanks.......
by marlene1959
Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:44 pm
Topic: One Handed Typing Software for PCs
Replies: 29
Views: 14261

Re: One Handed Typing Software for PCs

Totally agree with the above. One Handed Typying covers all, short-term and long-term, users. Can't wait to download the app!!!!
by marlene1959
Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:32 am
Topic: spinal cord stimulator for pain management post TBPI
Replies: 5
Views: 2988

Re: spinal cord stimulator for pain management post TBPI

I have surgery scheduled Aug 31 at Barnes-Jewish West in St Louis for a spinal cord stimulator implantation. During my week trial I slept better than I had since my accident occurred!! My intermittent pain surges were decreased in both number of occurrences and levels of pain felt. I am hoping for a...
by marlene1959
Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:34 pm
Topic: Hi...to all
Replies: 2
Views: 1502

Re: Hi...to all

OMG Mary. Your story is so similar to mine. I also had an unsuccessful surgery at Mayo (Feb. 2008). And then breast reduction surgery there July 2010!! I think my BP surgery was performed too late (9 months post accident) and the amount of trauma I initially sustained did not help matters any. Plus ...
by marlene1959
Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:02 pm
Topic: DREZ Surgical Procedure
Replies: 1
Views: 1136

DREZ Surgical Procedure

Has anyone had a DREZ (Dorsal Root Entry Zone Myelotomy) performed? I found this on the Washington University in St Louis School of Medicine Center for Nerve Injury & Paralysis website. I had an unsuccessful brachial plexus reconstruction surgery at Mayo's in January of 2008, so I am now looking...
by marlene1959
Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:54 pm
Topic: Peripheral Nerve Stimulator (PNS) implant
Replies: 4
Views: 2329

Re: Peripheral Nerve Stimulator (PNS) implant

Where did you have the implant done? I have not heard of this procedure and since my surgery at Mayo was unsuccessful I am now looking to see what else may be available. Thanks for posting about this....
by marlene1959
Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Topic: My latest arm surgery
Replies: 34
Views: 14525

Re: My latest arm surgery

So happy for you......I am sure this surgery will "do the trick" and get you further down the road to recovery. Will be praying!! :D
by marlene1959
Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:09 pm
Topic: TBPI and Breast Reduction
Replies: 12
Views: 5398

Re: TBPI and Breast Reduction

Having the surgery done July 29 at Mayos.......will post regarding my results as soon as I can!! Wish me luck.......... :)
by marlene1959
Thu May 20, 2010 3:12 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Mayo Clinic in Florida
Replies: 5
Views: 3302

Re: Mayo Clinic in Florida

When I was referred to Mayo after a motorcycle accident in May 2007, it was my understanding that Rochesters Mayo clinic had the only Brachial Plexus team........I have the direct phone numbers if you need them. I also think you would get an appointment quicker if referred by another physician....no...
by marlene1959
Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:49 pm
Topic: Need Advice
Replies: 8
Views: 4945

Re: Need Advice

Alicia I like the Joslin Ultimate Arm Sling. It is constructed of a stretchy material that moves with you. Go to joslinslings.com to check it out. I have been in a sling for almost three years and think I have tried them all! You can also get a Joslin sling from the PT Dept. at Mayo. I think you and...