by pieface
Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:40 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Videos: Before and After Surgeries
Replies: 28
Views: 14545

Re: Videos: Before and After Surgeries

Hey Angela

Great videos, the function you have is excellent. Can you tell me the extent of your original injury?
by pieface
Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:36 pm
Topic: One Handed Typing Software for PCs
Replies: 29
Views: 14273

Re: One Handed Typing Software for PCs

I'm considering getting the Dragon Naturally Speaking software. Is it worth it? I'm returning to school in the fall and thought that might be a good option. What do you think? Yes it is very good and is a big help to me when doing assignments. The one thing i will say is that it takes time to "...
by pieface
Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:58 pm
Topic: RESEARCH STUDY?
Replies: 9
Views: 3689

Re: RESEARCH STUDY?

I took part in some research study. i flew back to London England where i had my surgery. The tests consisted of electrical tests. Stuck needles into skin and when i was moving my arm the best i could they could see the electrical signals been sent on the monitors. They paid for my flights and accom...
by pieface
Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:51 pm
Topic: ANY NEW SUCCESS STORIES?
Replies: 8
Views: 15364

Re: ANY NEW SUCCESS STORIES?

i had my accident september 2009 and surgery october 2009. I can move my arm out to about door handle height and can lift it up a little bit. Also some slight elbow bending. Slow progress but what can ya do :D
by pieface
Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:33 pm
Topic: One Handed Typing Software for PCs
Replies: 29
Views: 14273

Re: One Handed Typing Software for PCs

My hand gets sore when i type for a long time, wouldnt mind having one of them keyboards. But i do have Dragon Naturally speaking, im sure you've heard of it. For anyone that does not know, its voice to text software.
by pieface
Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:14 pm
Topic: Who here has had success post avulsion, after surgery?
Replies: 6
Views: 5430

Re: Who here has had success post avulsion, after surgery?

i had full root evulsion of C5-C6-C7-C8-T1, i had C5-C6-C7 re-implanted using donor nerve from my effected arm, accident september 2009, operation october 2009, at first no movement, but now i can move my arm out and to the side, rougly door handle height, only a slight bend in the elbow possible at...
by pieface
Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:01 pm
Topic: Best place to operate a plexus injury
Replies: 2
Views: 1575

Re: Best place to operate a plexus injury

Hi,sorry to hear of your injury. I avulsed c5,c6,c7,c8,t1 and went to London for my surgery. (National Queens Hospital for Neurology and Neuroscience+Princess Grace Hospital) I seen Professor Thomas Carlstedth,he's a top guy well worth getting in touch with if your in Europe,i travelled over from Ir...
by pieface
Thu May 20, 2010 5:52 pm
Topic: need a road map
Replies: 4
Views: 4586

Re: need a road map

Hey I was told of a operation where they put a small box in your stomach with a wire attached to your neck (inside body) that it sends up electrical pulses to kill the pain you charge the box at night by holding the charger up against your stomach. Also there is a operation call DREZ,where they burn...
by pieface
Thu May 20, 2010 5:41 pm
Topic: 9 Months post op - getting excited
Replies: 9
Views: 2723

Re: 9 Months post op - getting excited

Great news mate onwards and upwards.

Whats the glove like you use in gym? i have no hand movement and made myself a glove from a gym glove but it didnt work to well,i must try again :)

What machines/program do you use/do? id be intrested to see if it can be of any use to me.