Search found 92 matches

by bensmom
Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:43 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Having Surgery at Mayo on March 5th
Replies: 5
Views: 2276

Re: Having Surgery at Mayo on March 5th

Amazing! Good luck with your surgery next month...let us know how it goes. My husband is slated to go back in September to discuss something similiar for his deltoid. His nerve tranfer "took" but didn't result in much movement. I'm anxious to hear about as many of there surgeries as possib...
by bensmom
Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:43 am
Topic: An update on some truly amazing recovery
Replies: 5
Views: 2363

Re: An update on some truly amazing recovery

That's wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing your happy update!
by bensmom
Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:37 am
Topic: A little update on my hubby's trip to Mayo
Replies: 1
Views: 1075

A little update on my hubby's trip to Mayo

<t>A few of us who have had (or with loved ones who have had) the nerve transfer or tricep to deltoid have been sharing notes so I though I would post a little update from my husband's trip to Mayo last week. He is currently 1.5 years post surgery and a little over 2 years post accident. When we wen...
by bensmom
Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:30 am
Topic: Anyone Here?
Replies: 3
Views: 1974

Re: Anyone Here?

My husband is just going to miss you. He left early this morning for the 17 hour drive out for his appointments tomorrow. Glad you had a good visit!
by bensmom
Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:02 am
Topic: I'm New Here.
Replies: 2
Views: 1431

Re: I'm New Here.

<t>Welcome! I'm glad you found this site- you will find an unbelievable amount of information and support here. One suggestion, you might want to crosspost this question in the "General Message Board" section. That tends to be where most of the OBPI parents read and post and since many of the treatm...
by bensmom
Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:31 am
Topic: Additional procedures to regain shoulder movement after nerve transfer
Replies: 10
Views: 3076

Re: Additional procedures to regain shoulder movement after nerve transfer

<t>Janet-<br/> My husband's tricep was still firing on all cylinders, so they took a branch of the nerve feeding it and "rewired it" to his deltoid. In terms of immediate recovery to get back to work, he recovered remarkably quickly. He had the surgery on a Friday afternoon and we were discharged Sa...
by bensmom
Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:18 pm
Topic: Additional procedures to regain shoulder movement after nerve transfer
Replies: 10
Views: 3076

Additional procedures to regain shoulder movement after nerve transfer

<r>We are headed back to Mayo at the end of September and I'm just looking to do a little homework. A little background: My husband had a nerve transfer (branch of tricep to deltoid) in March 2008. In September 2008 we we returned to Mayo and the EMG showed the beginning of reinervation. We've seen ...
by bensmom
Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:27 pm
Topic: Update on my triceps to deltoid nuerotization... Good news!
Replies: 3
Views: 1721

Re: Update on my triceps to deltoid nuerotization... Good news!

That's wonderful, wonderful news! Thanks for sharing the great update and wishing you continued recovery!
by bensmom
Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:20 pm
Topic: Need your help again...
Views: 1546

Re: Need your help again...

<t>Looks like a great list to me. This is a little bit different, but I think a "definitions" type page would be great. Something that includes the names of the different surgeries and what they involve, the names of the different nerve branches and what muscles they fire and other "lingo" people wh...
by bensmom
Sun May 17, 2009 8:50 pm
Topic: Mayo appointment
Views: 1372

Re: Mayo appointment

Best of luck to you! And yes, the multiple appointments over 2 days is fairly typical of your first visit. For my husband it was MRI and EMG day one, and neuroligist and "The Team" day two. I really think you'll be glad you went and hope you get good news.