Search found 109 matches

by jacko
Thu May 18, 2006 5:38 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Wilmer carrying orthosis
Replies: 6
Views: 9736

Re: Wilmer carrying orthosis

<r>The Wilmer carrying orthosis is a Dutch invention. It used to be available to individuals in the UK through Amboise UK, but I'm not sure if that company still exists.<br/> <br/> Try dealing direct with the manufacturers in the Netherlands<br/> <URL url="http://www.ocp.tudelft.nl/mms/wilmer/welcom...
by jacko
Mon May 08, 2006 3:13 pm
Topic: What's going on?
Replies: 2
Views: 913

What's going on?

Does anyone know why there are loads of old posts returning, with no new stuff attached, even though it says "last post 8 May 2006" ? Or is there a glitch at my end where I'm reading it ?
by jacko
Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:50 am
Topic: Exploring Phantom Limb Pain
Replies: 14
Views: 2945

Re: Exploring Phantom Limb Pain

<t>I managed to pretty well beat the pain before I had the amputation. I don't think that amping the arm would reduce the nerve pain, but it most definitely reduced the pain from subluxation, which made a huge difference to my life.<br/> <br/> The biggest problem I get now and again is phantom itchi...
by jacko
Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:09 am
Topic: Your favorite things
Replies: 10
Views: 2189

Re: Your favorite things

This little gadjet is the biz ! http://www.chefsresource.com/ezs-100-2.html
by jacko
Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:19 am
Topic: Hand pain from riding in cars
Replies: 25
Views: 3858

Re: Hand pain from riding in cars

Hi Henry.
It's nearly 3 years since I posted this stuff on the 'board. If you need anymore info, I'm mostly found skulking around http://www.tbpiukgroup.homestead.com/index_1.html
by jacko
Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:11 am
Topic: Is the weight of the arm a huge problem for you?
Replies: 8
Views: 1949

Re: Is the weight of the arm a huge problem for you?

<r>Had my arm chopped off 4 and a half years ago, and I've never looked back. I much prefer my life now compared to when I used to carry that dead weight around. I will never regret the decision, even if the technology to regrow a perfect working arm was found tomorrow. I've had 4 1/2 years of hassl...
by jacko
Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:01 am
Topic: Worried about nerve graft snapping{NOT SURE}
Replies: 5
Views: 1527

Re: Worried about nerve graft snapping{NOT SURE}

Wait until you get the all-clear before putting your arm through any stress. 6 weeks is the absolute minimum that it takes for the nerve graft to join. It is a very fragile piece of kit, and its not worth taking chances.
by jacko
Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:59 am
Topic: Arm Amputation, Flail Arm
Replies: 8
Views: 13720

Re: Arm Amputation, Flail Arm

<t>As an amputee, I agree with your doctor. I first wanted it taken off at the shoulder, but eventually had it done mid-humerus. This means you can wear shirts properly, and it stops a jacket being blown off in the wind. It also means that you can carry a light rucksack.<br/> <br/> Since I've had th...
by jacko
Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:01 am
Topic: Amputations
Replies: 14
Views: 5930

Re: Amputations

<t>I would say that once you know in your own mind which way you want to go, the question-and-answer time is just about over. Everybody will have their own opinions, but its your body, its your life, its your decision. <br/> <br/> If you are still at the "what if they find a cure tomrrow?..." stage,...
by jacko
Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:29 am
Topic: Happy New Year!!
Replies: 12
Views: 2583

Re: Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year to everyone from me in the UK. Hope everyone has a great 2005.