Search found 14 matches

by Sparrow
Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:11 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Woman of Wonder - My Story from South Africa
Replies: 3
Views: 1678

Re: Woman of Wonder - My Story from South Africa

Very inspirational! Thank you for sharing.
by Sparrow
Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:09 pm
Topic: How do you dry off after taking a shower?
Replies: 11
Views: 3216

Re: How do you dry off after taking a shower?

<t>i answered in a different topic but will say it again here; i pat-pat-pat what I can reach then, use the towel to slap-slap-slap at the rest. Towel hangs on a hook near the tub so I used to rub against it like a bear. but i found that it didn't take much to cause the towel to fall off and onto th...
by Sparrow
Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:59 pm
Topic: Tips on getting around with one arm.
Replies: 124
Views: 53684

Re: Tips on getting around with one arm.

<t>After much grunting, sweating, and swearing, I figured out who to deal with a dress that zips up the back .... usually I just put a jacket or sweater over so you can't tell it's not all the way zipped up. But it was waay to hot for that so I zipped as high as I could, then leaned my butt real har...
by Sparrow
Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:37 pm
Topic: SOCIAL SECURITY
Replies: 4
Views: 1491

Re: SOCIAL SECURITY

Yeah, I applied and after 17 weeks received a letter that said claim denied becaue "you're not blind and able to walk" it goes on to say "try" not to use your left arm. So rediculous, I had to laugh...."try". yeah ok, I'll try.
by Sparrow
Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:12 am
Topic: Amputation
Replies: 25
Views: 25509

Re: Amputation

<t>Hi Mary Ellen, I'm so sorry to hear you've joined our club. I also considered an amputation to relieve the pain but my neurologists explained that even with the arm gone, I would still feel the pain becuase the nerves that exit the neck would remain. I was very disappointd at the time but several...
by Sparrow
Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:55 am
Topic: Scalenectomy and ganglion stellate blocks?
Replies: 8
Views: 5397

Re: Scalenectomy and ganglion stellate blocks?

<t>Thanks for sharing Minnie. Yikes! You make a vary good point about just blindly poking around at an injured plexus. TOne doc going to give MRI-guided injections. The MRI lowered the risk factor to a more acceptable level so I was going to give it a try. As it stands, I can't go to that doc so any...
by Sparrow
Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:05 am

<t>Oh RobertRacer, you reminded me of something I haven't thought of in a while. My first date post injury. I was asked to choose a special=occasion place to have dinner. The circumstances of our initial meeting allowed me to pretty much hide the fact that I was injured. Well, silly me, I chose a ni...
by Sparrow
Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:17 pm

Great idea Mardelle! I didn't have OT, PT, or a on-armed person to teach me how to do things. I've just sort of figured it out by trial and error. It would've been very helpful in the early days to see how others get by. Even now, there's a lot to learn.
by Sparrow
Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:35 pm
Topic: Possible interventions to speed healing?
Replies: 18
Views: 4443

Re: Possible interventions to speed healing?

<r>Hi Janet, I'm also injured but not avulsed. At the two year mark (in May 09), I had improvement but still lack function and have constant burning pain in my thumb, index finger, palm, arm, chest, and shoulder blade. The neuorlogist said that was as good as it's going to get. Hard to swallow so I ...
by Sparrow
Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:58 pm

<t>Now why didn't I think of the toothbrush with a suction cup? I've been doing it the gross way; dispense the toothpaste onto my tongue and then pick up the brush ...ha haaa! Angela, you still want me to be your room mate?<br/> <br/> Using a broom just kills my good elbow. I keep getting tendonitis...