Search found 23 matches

by Janet Lee
Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:05 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Surgery Scheduled
Replies: 23
Views: 5711

Re: Surgery Scheduled

<t>I had my surgery done on September 21st and had amazing results! The neurosurgeons scraped away scar tissue from the stretched area of my nerves and then did an internal EMG. The EMG showed firing in my tricep right away! They called in a neuro-physiologist who took a look and decided that it wou...
by Janet Lee
Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:01 am
Topic: Is surgery worth a try?
Replies: 7
Views: 2423

Re: Is surgery worth a try?

<t>Sorry to hear about your accident. I was in a snowboarding accident in Mid march that left me with stretched nerves affecting my tricept and deltoid. I had a surgery done on September 21st and had amazing results. The doctors ended up not having to do the nerve transplant. They scraped away some ...
by Janet Lee
Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:45 am

<t>Yeah, I know what you mean. The doctors at Mayo don't expect me to get back to normal which means I'll never get my serve back. But as long as I can serve... And I haven't tried running since my surgery (I broke 5 vertebrae). But tennis does involve more running than people think. At practice, 3 ...
by Janet Lee
Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:51 pm
Topic: Possible interventions to speed healing?
Replies: 18
Views: 4444

Re: Possible interventions to speed healing?

<t>Thanks guys. This helps a lot. I'll be sure to keep it in mind. The protein idea is a great idea. That is something that has never even crossed my mind. I'll keep this all in mind. Especially the stress factor, seeing as college has now started and I'm a first quarter freshman. We'll see how that...
by Janet Lee
Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:45 pm

<t>For me, that's really great to hear. Even if I don't get full return (which I'm sure I won't), I'm happy with what I can get. I'm looking forward to my tricep the most as opposed to my deltoid. I never even realized it except for the muscle deterioration behind my right shoulder. But I'm a big te...
by Janet Lee
Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:26 am

<t>Thanks for the encouragement! it means a lot to hear successful stories like that. I am getting the surgery done at the Mayo clinic in Rochester so I'm not to worried. They said they have a 75-80% recovery rate but it all varies on the extent of the injury. They also didn't want to wait any longe...
by Janet Lee
Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:44 pm

So i know this is really minor in the grand scheme of things but I am just curious how the scars are. Dr. Shin told me he would make them as minimal as possible with internal stitches but im still really curious.
by Janet Lee
Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:12 pm

<t>Yeah, I had an MRA with contrast done when I was at Mayo. They actually decided to do the test becuase they couldnt find my pulse on my right arm. I didn't think it was too bad except that it made me nausaus for a while. And my surgery is scheduled for September 21st. 4 days before my 18th birthd...
by Janet Lee
Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:29 am

<t>I have the same surgeons you did. Thanks for all the advice. I'm really praying everythign goes well. I also have to see Dr. Kallarah. I don't know if you know her at all but she's the vascular surgeon. To throw a wrench into everythign they just found out i crushed 4 cetimeters of artery so they...
by Janet Lee
Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:48 pm
Topic: Possible interventions to speed healing?
Replies: 18
Views: 4444

Re: Possible interventions to speed healing?

I just had my appointments at mayo and it was decided to have a nerve transplant along with a vascular sugery (apparently i crushed 4 centimeters of hte major artery in my shoulder). thank you guys for all the tips!