Search found 23 matches

by Chrissie
Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:43 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Overuse realisation
Replies: 1
Views: 1211

Overuse realisation

I haven't visited the forum for a while, but I wanted to thank members for my enlightenment regarding overuse. It can take a while to accept the impact that relying on one arm in a bi-lateral world can have. I have been experiencing back pain over the past year or so - sciatica, etc. I recently noti...
by Chrissie
Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:51 am
Forum: Suggestion Box & Forum Help
Topic: Private Message Boards?
Replies: 8
Views: 13687

Re: Private Message Boards?

Hi, I just logged on to this new configuration and am also trying to find the private message boards. Where did they go? :o
by Chrissie
Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:51 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: New Forum "RESEARCH Board"
Replies: 2
Views: 1629

Re: New Forum "RESEARCH Board"

Hi Marieke,

It's so good to see the new forum on research. I hope there will be many posts to those pages. All the best.
by Chrissie
Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:51 pm
Topic: New Forum "RESEARCH Board"
Replies: 2
Views: 1629

Re: New Forum "RESEARCH Board"

Hi Marieke,

It's so good to see the new forum on research. I hope there will be many posts to that page. All the best.
by Chrissie
Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:47 pm
Topic: Best way for increase in ROM
Replies: 3
Views: 1823

Re: Best way for increase in ROM

<r>Hi,<br/> <br/> This sounds very similar to an exercise my physio suggested. After 45 years I went along to my local surgery and the physio there gave me some exercises to do. This was one of them and it really does help. An additional element is to rest the arm (above the elbow) on something - ma...
by Chrissie
Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:11 am
Topic: Good Tips for One-Handed tasks.....
Replies: 8
Views: 3844

Re: Good Tips for One-Handed tasks.....

Hi Carolyn & Pat,

After reading your posts I'm wondering how many of us are going to be lying around with T bags on our eyes. I'm just off to give it a try - what about cucumber slices?

LoL :-)
by Chrissie
Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:48 pm
Topic: It's never too late
Replies: 16
Views: 4953

Re: It's never too late

Yes, it's never too late. I saw the neurologist recently and he has referred me for some physio. I have only ever had one session of physio in 55 years so I feel that -inspired by members of the board - I will now receive some medical help.
by Chrissie
Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:33 pm
Topic: Sleeping with OBPI
Replies: 6
Views: 3455

Re: Sleeping with OBPI

<t>When I was younger I thought that I should try and sleep with my arm tucked under me. It was so painful that I didn't sleep at all so I just kept it at the angle that it seemed to be the most comfortable. Maybe I should have tried sleeping on my back more but as I like to sleep on my side that di...
by Chrissie
Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:39 am
Topic: Seat Belts
Replies: 4
Views: 1934

Re: Seat Belts

<t>Hi Kelly,<br/> <br/> This is a really interesting issue. I'm lucky that here in the UK the seat belt comes across my right shoulder and therefore doesn't restrict my LOBPI. I'm aware that concessions have been made in the past for women who are heavily pregnant and I'm assuming that there may be ...
by Chrissie
Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:31 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Awareness Video
Replies: 13
Views: 2665

Re: Awareness Video

Hi Marieke,

I had a look on the site at the ribbons. Can you - or anyone else reading this - rell me why there is a bell on the ribbon?

Chrissie